“Funky coffee shop that becomes a rock venue some nights”
Review of Jammin Java

Jammin Java
Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Vienna
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I come here solo for coffee in the morning (when I am not at Starbucks down the street) some times for lunch and once in a while if I work late at the office and am driving down Maple Avenue to my home, I stop for a takeout.

My other half does not like it, it is too funky for him, and the young staff while pleasant are off in a world all their own at times and service can be hit or miss.

Be forewarned, at night this place has a lot of "rock acts" that if you are over 30 it is very loud, and you have a diverse group of mainly young patrons

In the daytime I sit out at one of the tiny tables on the very tiny sidewalk patio and look at the parking lot, before I go off to my air conditioned office building for the next 10 hours.

For conservative Vienna Virginia this is indeed a quirky place. Sometimes I wish I was 25 again and this place had been here when I was that age. You either like the slightly old hippy look and get it, or like my partner you never will stop again.

Last time I was in I asked for a certain sandwich the chicken salad, but they were out of that, someone had not remade it. Ok, I would get a certain type of chili, they had just run out of that. So I had a salad, then asked for the hot fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream.
They came back out and said they were out of vanilla ice cream. Crazy.

Jammin Java does kind of take me back to my college days in the SFO Bay Area, where the coffee houses were a bit flakey and had a lot of small local area rock acts on certain nights of the week.

1  Thank travelgoodfoodjunkie
There are newer reviews for Jammin Java

Reviewed May 12, 2010

Coffee house with live music and other shows. Great kids music shows in the morning if you want to hang out and drink coffee while the kids are entertained.

1  Thank Motherontheroad
Reviewed August 18, 2008

great for shows, good food, friendly, loved it.