“Good value for real greek food.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Greek Grill
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
burgh757@verizon.net
“Good value for real greek food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

The service and food in this restaurant is good, especially considering the price. The string beans are a little strange for us and it is not my favorite Baklava but the pasticio is really great!

• Visited December 2011

Manassas, Virginia
“Been here two times, will continue to come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

It's unfortunate the previous reviewer didn't check the menu prices before opting for the $50 gift certificate. There is a $10 one available. I too had restaurant.com vouchers to use (from cashing in my almost expired frequent flyer miles) There were two of us dining and after looking at the menu on the internet is is VERY CLEAR 2 people will have a hard time spending $50.
On our second visit we went on a weekday and were dissappointed the lamb kapama was not available (its is fantastic and also one of the specials on the weekend) but I ordered the grape leaves that were just as good, and served with the potatoes and greek style green beans, which I have since copied the recipe using allrecipes.com.
Most people with experience at a greek diner know its common to serve italian style dishes as well, Athena in Crystal City as well as Atlantis in Alexandria both do this. Thats not odd like the previous reviewer had suggested.
I highly recommend the food here, if you have restaraunt.com vouchers just go somewhere else (I personally had no issue) It's not like the prices here are high. 2 people can walk out under $30, no problem.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Katy0813
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Awful! Go anywhere else to avoid this place.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

We found this place through Restaurant.com through whom we bought a promotional voucher for $50 worth of food for $25. This was our second visit: the first failed as we mistakenly went on a Friday when the voucher was not valid. But tonight is a Tuesday so off we went. The restaurant is described as a family restaurant which means it is completely informal and somewhat shabby inside. However with the most expensive plate being around $15 one doesn't expect too much. We ordered two cokes and looked through the menu which also included Italian and American plates - strange. Later the waitress explained that we could only order dinner from certain areas of the menu as a number of sections were for lunchtime only. However, as we had the gift certificate voucher for $25 we knew we would have to order more expensive items to reach $50 against which to cash in the voucher. Here we found our first problem. It is apparently the policy that excess food cannot be taken from the restaurant but it is possible provided too much food has not been left. The waitress was not able to quantify what constituted too much food. This is my first experience of such a thing in the US where it is the norm to take leftover food home in a doggy bag. Just what was the problem for this restaurant? The food was being paid for! Naturally there was some debate over this but eventually we negotiated an understanding. When we were ready to order, we were then told there was no calamari available for an appetiser. Nor was lamb shish kebab available - no lamb. I assumed this meant no lamb for the kebab. I therefore ordered a shoulder of lamb dish but was reminded there was no lamb ie no lamb for any dish at all. At a stroke a number of the more expensive speciality dishes were not available. Just a pity the waitress couldn't have pointed this out when she told us the dishes from which we had to make our choice for dinner. I gave up and said we would eat elsewhere - but not before I was charged $4.32 for two cokes! What an outrage.

• Visited July 2011