“Good Mexican” 4 of 5 stars

Tequila Grande
Ranked #20 of 166 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Fresh Mexican Food in a family-friendly atmosphere made special for you.
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were looking for some Mexican Food on our trip and found Tequila Grande. The food was very good with large portions. The service was a little slow, but we sat down about 6pm and the place was packed. The atmosphere inside and out was like a Mexican cantina. Prices were reasonable.

• Visited May 2013

Annandale, Virginia
“Steak and Cheese Burrito on Specials menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My son was just finished with a baseball tryout and we were looking for something decent (not fast food) to eat in Vienna. We hadn't had Mexican in a while so I programmed the GPS and it led us to Tequila Grande. I had my tablet so I looked on TripAdvisor and the reviews were mixed, some bad some good. Ordinarily, I would have passed on it but it was late (approx 8:30) on weekday so the chances of finding another restaurant was slim.

When we came in, there were only 4 tables that had patrons so not busy at all. We were seated immediately and were asked for our drink order. I hate being seated and then having to wait for my drink order so I was happy. I ordered a 20oz beer and the mug was cold. The waiter served us corn chips and salsa. I would say the chips were average at best and the salsa was pedestrian.

The menu was what you would expect but after conferring with the waiter, he suggested the grilled steak and cheese burrito that was on the specials menu. We both ordered the special and although I can't say it was the best burrito I have ever had (I have been to Mexico and Texas) it was very good and much better than I had expected.

This leads me to question the bad reviews. Sometimes the restaurant staff can't handle the crowds on a weekend and both the service and meal quality suffers. Based on my experience, this restaurant was very good and I will return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Paul D
Katy, Texas, United States
“If you are from Texas, don't go”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This was disappointing. The chips were cold and stale. The salsa(red, only) was fresh but tastless. The quesadias were decent but not attractive. The frozen margaritas were standard but the service was so slow they were melted. Don't waste your time.

Visited July 2013
Vienna, Virginia
“Ok food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went for Father's Day. Unlike a lot of places, they did nothing for father's day. We went here last year and they did do something for Father's Day. We were disappointed. The food is ok. They are pushing their tequila drinks. I prefer them not to bring the cart around. If I wanted a drink, I would order it.

• Visited June 2013
Tire Hill
“stopped in because it was close by”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were tired from a day of walking around DC and did not feel like driving anywhere so we went here because it was in the same parking lot...Food was great and the service was great. Definitely was a lot of food for the money. Seemed like it would be a nice place to go hang with friends

Visited May 2013