“Terrific Vegan Menu”

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Really love this restaurant -- good food, good location -- but definitely has an alternative vibe. Very low key. It actualy reminds me most of my college co-op. So it's the sort of place you have to really be in the mood for. But can't be beat for veggie/vegan offerings. And I always walk out of there feeling like I've just done something really good for my body and soul. There's a lot to be said for that!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been regulars of Sunflower for years and I have yet to try half of the selections on the expansive menu because everything we get is worth getting over and over again! Although we live at least thirty minutes away, it is not uncommon that we make the drive on a weekly basis. Is we are celebrating a Birthday, we go to Sunflower. If we are celebrating a good grade, we go to Sunflower. No matter what the occasion, we celebrate at Sunflower. Once I forgot my purse. I had no way to pay and was going to leave but the owner insisted we stay and figure out a way to pay later. I WiSh there was a sunflower on every corner. Not only do my fellow veggies love sunflower, but the meat eater I know enjoy it, too. If you have not yet done so, give it a try. You will be hooked!

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We did order as much as we could fit on our table so we could take it home. Each dish was fantastic. The best part if going to Sunflower is the friendly service. Wish we could go there every day!

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

we have been dining at sunflower for years - in Vienna first, but more often at the falls church location as of late. they have many delicious vegan options on the menu.

our favorites include the spinach wonton soup, general tso's surprise (specify vegan option), the vegetable lo mein, the kale and burdock, and the grilled vegetable salad.

the service is consistently friendly and the food is served without delay.

the desserts aren't to my taste here.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Ever since first trying Sunflower's ten years ago, I have been trying to find another vegetarian restaurant that is as good. I have tried in places as far away as Maine, but never found another vegetarian restaurant as good. Sunflower's is truly the gold standard of vegetarian food. My wife and I stop here anytime we are in Northern Virginia. My personal favorite dish is the Popeye's Favorite, and my wife likes the General Tso's. The wonton soup is fabulous. They always give you generous portions, and oftentimes they even offer you samples of other dishes. I complimented the staff one time on how good my meal was, and they gave me a second meal free to take home. The waitstaff is always friendly and helpful, and the food comes out quickly. I have nothing but good things to say about this restaurant. Try it and I am confident you will agree with me.