“We wanted to order one of everything” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 179 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Middletown, Virginia
“We wanted to order one of everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We did order as much as we could fit on our table so we could take it home. Each dish was fantastic. The best part if going to Sunflower is the friendly service. Wish we could go there every day!

• Visited July 2013

Washington, DC
“delicious vegan dining at sunflower!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

we have been dining at sunflower for years - in Vienna first, but more often at the falls church location as of late. they have many delicious vegan options on the menu.

our favorites include the spinach wonton soup, general tso's surprise (specify vegan option), the vegetable lo mein, the kale and burdock, and the grilled vegetable salad.

the service is consistently friendly and the food is served without delay.

the desserts aren't to my taste here.

• Visited April 2013
Westbrook, Maine
“The Greatest Vegetarian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Ever since first trying Sunflower's ten years ago, I have been trying to find another vegetarian restaurant that is as good. I have tried in places as far away as Maine, but never found another vegetarian restaurant as good. Sunflower's is truly the gold standard of vegetarian food. My wife and I stop here anytime we are in Northern Virginia. My personal favorite dish is the Popeye's Favorite, and my wife likes the General Tso's. The wonton soup is fabulous. They always give you generous portions, and oftentimes they even offer you samples of other dishes. I complimented the staff one time on how good my meal was, and they gave me a second meal free to take home. The waitstaff is always friendly and helpful, and the food comes out quickly. I have nothing but good things to say about this restaurant. Try it and I am confident you will agree with me.

Visited May 2013
Bethesda, MD
“Sunset for Sunflower Vegetarian in Vienna”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have leaned toward a healthier vegetarian orientation with each passing month, so Sunflower Vegetarian Restaurant's Vienna location was on our "to try" list having been to its Falls Church location previously. Regrettably, the "As Your Wish Garden" was so salty it was not edible, and the waiter's and kitchen's solution was to bring out a tasteless replacement with no basil/ginger sauce, and, of course, no apology. The eggplant and sun dried tomato dish was fine, but the mood was spoiled by a bad entree and inept, non-responsive service. We will not return to this location.

• Visited April 2013
Scotland
“Tasty Veggie Fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've been to Sunflower a number of times and been delighted on each occasion by the excellent food. The flavours and textures are amazing, so much so that I have no hesitation, as a non-vegeatrian, recommending this restaurant to everyone.

Although the cuisine is basically Chinese, it is a long way away from the tradition fried rice or chow miens we normally see. Most of the ingredients are organic, and vegetables are cooked to perfection. The sauces and spice are masterful blends that produce flavours that delight the palate.

The original Sunflower in Vienna has been joined by a second restaurant in Falls Church which has a different menu but is equally good, with the addition of wines and beers being available.

Their menus can be seen at http://crystalsunflower.com

Thoroughly recommended for veggies and non-veggies alike.

• Visited March 2013