“"My favorite Vegetarian Restaurant, so far!”

Sunflower Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 187 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I ordered the "Hot-hot, Shabu-Shabu soup" which has a very tasty clear base soup, lots of bok choi and brocoli, a little spicy. Surprisingly, a mushroom-beef look alike & taste like one, really amazes me. "Yuba" which is a roll of tofu skin, that looks like a "tripe" an ingredients from a Vietnamese "Pho" soup. Love, love this soup.
My husband ordered a veggie burger which he enjoyed so much. I would pass the veggie spring rolls next time. I love the decaf mixed herbes hot tea.
Service is prompt and friendly. Ideally if you are in a hurry too.
Definitely will go back.

There are newer reviews for Sunflower Vegetarian Restaurant

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I love this place. They have a wide ranging pan-Asian (and beyond) menu. I would advise meat-eaters to avoid mock meat and focus on veg and noodle oriented dishes. But for vegetarians and vegans, everything is delicious. My favorite is called "Popeye's Favorite" which is potato-spinach patties with a black pepper gravy. If you want the super traditional Chinese vegetarian food, head to Yuan Fu in Rockville. But if you just want good Asian veg food in Northern Virginia, you can't beat this spot.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

The Sunflower provides a wide range of vegetarian dishes that the non-vegetarian will find enjoyable. There are new foods to try and familiar favorites. If you didn't know it wasn't chicken, you would be surprised by some of the dishes. It's a nice atmosphere to enjoy with friends and family.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

We found Sunflower on Trip Advisor
And we were very pleased with the delicious, well prepared food. The staff was friendly, casual and helpful.

1  Thank Phil S
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I can see why vegetarians may enjoy this place, but I wouldn't order the General tso surprise over just getting the real deal. I can't imagine it's healthier.