“Excellent and unique, authentic food”

Anita's Mexican Food
Ranked #110 of 179 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Mexican
Florida
“Excellent and unique, authentic food”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The fact that Anita's has been successful in the area since the 70's is a testament to it's great food. Anita brought her authentic New Mexico Style recipes to the area (spicy with nicely textured and prepared sauces) and they are a treat hard to find within 2000 miles of here. At lunch time they have an express menu and bring the food out very quick so you can squeeze in a quick weekday lunch. There is a take-out area in the back which serves up their specialty "Breakfast Burritos" - two of which will keep you charged up all morning.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Robert V

Northern Virginia
“Slight twist on Mexican Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Anita's is a favorite of locals and the food is billed as "New Mexico" style since the founder was from there.

Good portions, frendly wait staff, reasonable prices. Get a breakfast burrito in the morning -- real change of pace meai.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank ViennaGuy
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“someone said either you like it or you don't; I don't”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I've at their breakfast burrito and it is very filling and stays with you for a while; days, in fact. Everything else is worse. Not very good food or service and the place is always dirty. But the prices are reasonable.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank philly099
Vienna, Virginia
“No. Just No.”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Once upon a time maybe 15 years ago Anitas served decent Mexican food at a decent price. And I used to eat their food a few times a year.

Those days are long gone.

Over the years the prices kept getting higher and food kept getting worse and I just stopped going there a few years ago.

But a couple of weeks ago for some reason I thought I would see if things had changed.

They had.

Anitas' food was worse than ever.

I ordered the Antia's Combo and I couldn't bring myself to eat hardly any of it. The pork tamale was inedible and the enchilada was indescribably bad. Even the salsa was terrible . . . I mean, how do you make bad salsa???

It is very hard to find even passable Mexican food in NoVa, but I still cannot understand how or why this place survives.

Afterwards I begged my wife that, if I EVER got it in mind again many years from now to give this place another chance, to just shoot me.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Jawtek
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I honestly don't understand how this restaurant stays in business.”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

The food was the absolute worst Mexican food I've ever tasted. I can't even begin to tell you how horrible the beans tasted. I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth for 2days. The rice barely resembled rice. The tortillas were average. The service was average. The atmosphere...none. I couldn't waste my money at this restaurant.

1 Thank Sue_Wheat