“wow”

Ranked #3 of 7 Bakeries in Vienna
Virginia
“wow”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Just do yourself a favor and get their chicken pot pie. Or their French Chiffon pie. I can't even type anymore, I need to go and eat something that probably won't even be half as good. This place isn't cheap but it sure is good. This isn't a sit down restaurant, by the way. In terms of sizes, 1 chicken pot pie is fine for 4 people but I would definitely do an appetizer with it.

Visited March 2014

Vienna, Virginia
“The BEST pies nationwide - guaranteed!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

So if you're a local, you have most definitely been here before. If you're a tourist and stopping in to shop at Tysons Corner Center or Tysons Galleria (two huge malls in suburban DC) - or maybe you've trekked out our way to go to the American Girl Store, I beg you, drive 10 minutes south on Rt. 123 and go to the Pie Gourmet. You can grab a whole pie or just a slice. Favorites in our household include French Silk and Chocolate Cream Pie. Incredibly rich with real, fresh, heavy whipped cream. Rhubarb is extraordinary. My all time favorite is peach/raspberry with a crumble crust that includes pecans. There is absolutely nothing low fat about this place. They use all quality ingredients and their crust is the best I've ever tasted. They also have dinner pies - think all variations of chicken pot pies and more. Cookies are ok. cupcakes are ok. There is a reason it is called PIE Gourmet. Stop in. Not only won't you be disappointed, but you'll probably be ordering their pies in the future, as they ship nationwide. Pies aren't cheap, but one bit and you'll know they are worth it!

• Visited May 2014
Vienna, Virginia
“not just pies”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've been going to the Pie Gourmet since it opened. Everyone loves their pies and the crust is so good that I eat it all. Over time, they've expanded their menu to include cheesecake, cupcakes, cookies, muffins and scones. And they also have dinner pies that are great for dinner or brunch. And several kinds of lasagne. The last time I was there, I bought a few tamales, which are a new item and are excellent. If you don't want to get a whole pie (there are two sizes), you can get just a slice of several options each day. The service is always excellent. The Pie Gourmet has become a one-stop shop where you can get an entire meal and dessert !!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank pineapple54
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Worth the stop”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stopped in here because it was next to a sandwich shop and was glad I did. The slice of pecan pie was fabulous with a very short crust that I know was homemade because I saw the owner in back making it. The filling was loaded with pecans and was not too sweet. They also have savory pies (I wish I would have known that before I bought the sandwich). Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2013