“We've had several good meals here”
Review of MapleWood Grill - CLOSED

MapleWood Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Ave
Transit: The Vienna metro is a 5 minute cab ride to the restaurant.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We often forget about this place since it's tucked into the corner of a strip mall, but we always thoroughly enjoy ourselves when we eat here. I like the selection, and the food is always cooked perfectly.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife, sister, nephew and myself had a good meal and enjoyed ourselves at Maplewood Grill.
The calamari had a very nice sauce and was good. Three of us had the pork chop which was full of flavor and it was served with choices of sauces. My wife had the flat iron steak which she said was very good. Service was good, the restaurant definitely is trying to be more upscale than it is, but maybe that's a good thing. It's tucked away in a corner and is worth checking it out.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We went to the Grill last night with some out-of-town visitors who have traveled all over the world. They raved about Maplewood, and vowed to return on their next visit to town. Two of us had the rockfish and they said it was wonderful. i ordered the short ribs---excellent. The service was top-notch. Very friendly folks, right down the the fella who watched to make sure we always had their delicious bread. I would have given it 5 stars except the white wine we ordered had not been chilled. Our server said that they had run out of the chilled bottles and apologized profusely. I had heard about Maplewood from some friends. So glad we found it. We will return!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I stopped in before a show at Wolf Trap. Tucked in a corner of a plaza it looks like it could be dated and dark. Instead there is contemporary lighting and art and the food was presented to match. Our service was excellent provided by Ryan W - very attentive and quick with a recommendation. The wine list is affordable and has a nice selection if not large. The flat iron steak was really well done and the risotto served with the short ribs was great. Prices were fair and we were very pleased with the dining experience.

1  Thank Doug W
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I went to Maplewood Grill to have a nice dinner before going out of town and because she is diabetic she asked if she could substitute a vegetable for the French fries that came with her crab cake. She was told that it would be an additional $2 to do so we decided to leave. Believe me, this place is hardly a high class eating establishment and to lose customers over a couple asparagus spears or carrots is just plain bad business. The menu at this restaurant is tired, the entrees and other items never change and the entrees are expensive for what they are and what one gets on the plates. There are plenty of other places to dine in the area so skip this location and be treated right.

1  Thank Cubsfanforever