“Great day of family fun!”
Review of Roer's Zoofari

Roer's Zoofari
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Don't expect sidewalk viewing of lions, tigers or great apes, rather friendly interactions with the feathered and furry. Visitors can purchase animal feed items, such as parakeet sticks, and watch as the colorful birds land at their fingertips; feed cups to hand feed giant watusi and gentle llamas on the safari wagon ride, or bottle feed little lambs and goats. Roer's Zoofari also holds a "Creature Feature" at 10, noon and 2pm where guests enjoy an informal animal meet and greet with a parrot, ferret, alligator, snake or other small animal.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great family outing, if you know what to expect. This is a small zoo geared towards children with many interactive opportunities. My husband and I took our 1 year old. We fed a camel milk from a baby bottle and fed little budgie birds from a Popsicle stick. The trip including admission and all the animal feed cost $30. I'm recommending it to all my friends!

1  Thank DrMelissaMonson

Reviewed July 30, 2013

A great place to bring the preschoolers and children. They can touch, feed and pet the animals. Plenty of domestic animals; pigs, lambs, goats, and some exotic llamas, camels, monkeys, turtles, and others. Something for everyone. A hay ride is lots of fun.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had been several times before with my older children who are now 12 & 10, so when I took my 3 year old I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. We arrived at opening around 10, we fed about 5 bottles of milk to the goats, which my daughter couldn't get enough of. We then headed to the tractor ride and got to see all the animals and we were able to feed them with the food we purchased. The highlight was Big Red coming over who was HUGE! Then we went into the parakeet/canary bird house with the Popsicle sticks of seed that was glued on there, we purchased all f this when we came in. This was my favorite and by far the most magical, the birds 2 and 3 at a time would land on your stick and peck at the seed. The were soft and gentle and never did me r my daughter feel scared. Have fun if you go!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Go with my boys every year for the first day of summer. We especially like feeding the goats and the tractor ride. The employees are friendly and really know the animals. So glad the controversy is gone with this adorable zoo near my house!!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been to the Reston Zoo about once a year for a long time. Its usually when there are visitors from out of town, and we need a place to take children for a couple of hours that' s fun and different.

The price of admission is a bit high, but the ease of getting there and not needing to invest a whole day for a "Zoo Like" experience makes it OK.

There are some very interesting animals - however, this in not the National Zoo. Pack your own picnic and make it a memorable photo shoot/safari ... and you should have some good memories.