“Awesome experience for me and my 3yr old!! Highly recommend going!”
Review of Roer's Zoofari

Roer's Zoofari
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Don't expect sidewalk viewing of lions, tigers or great apes, rather friendly interactions with the feathered and furry. Visitors can purchase animal feed items, such as parakeet sticks, and watch as the colorful birds land at their fingertips; feed cups to hand feed giant watusi and gentle llamas on the safari wagon ride, or bottle feed little lambs and goats. Roer's Zoofari also holds a "Creature Feature" at 10, noon and 2pm where guests enjoy an informal animal meet and greet with a parrot, ferret, alligator, snake or other small animal.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had been several times before with my older children who are now 12 & 10, so when I took my 3 year old I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. We arrived at opening around 10, we fed about 5 bottles of milk to the goats, which my daughter couldn't get enough of. We then headed to the tractor ride and got to see all the animals and we were able to feed them with the food we purchased. The highlight was Big Red coming over who was HUGE! Then we went into the parakeet/canary bird house with the Popsicle sticks of seed that was glued on there, we purchased all f this when we came in. This was my favorite and by far the most magical, the birds 2 and 3 at a time would land on your stick and peck at the seed. The were soft and gentle and never did me r my daughter feel scared. Have fun if you go!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Go with my boys every year for the first day of summer. We especially like feeding the goats and the tractor ride. The employees are friendly and really know the animals. So glad the controversy is gone with this adorable zoo near my house!!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been to the Reston Zoo about once a year for a long time. Its usually when there are visitors from out of town, and we need a place to take children for a couple of hours that' s fun and different.

The price of admission is a bit high, but the ease of getting there and not needing to invest a whole day for a "Zoo Like" experience makes it OK.

There are some very interesting animals - however, this in not the National Zoo. Pack your own picnic and make it a memorable photo shoot/safari ... and you should have some good memories.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

really good for the kids
they have a petting zoo and also a trolley to get into a kind of african sabana where they used to have zebras, ostriches and some african watusi cows
they had some issues last year, but now have new owners and i heard everything is working fine again

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I work for the USFWS and go out every weekend to photograph....mainly a hobby.....went here 1/15/2013 and had a blast taking photos.....the staff was great....the hands on with the animals was great.....I spent over three hours at this park....the park maintained a clean park; with the exception of plastic lids left by visitors - which can injury animals.....it was not crowded, got there around 9am but by noon, the teenagers arrived and well, lets say - more parental supervision is needed. The animals all loved the attention and the kids were on cloud nine. It was a very nice day....I didn't feel rushed to get in and out....very nice day.. Thank you....I have attached a few photos for your review....the staff at the zoo are more than welcome to download the photos for your personal use; the photos have copyrighted emblem within the photos. Thanks for a great time