“Great little Japanese sushi restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 165 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fairfax, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little Japanese sushi restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The sashimi and sushi rolls are pretty good here. The have both the standard rolls (california, softshell crab, spicy tuna/salmon, etc) and specialty rolls. The salad and miso soup that came with our order were both great and flavorful. Salad was simple with a citrus-ginger dressing already tossed in. The free green-brownrice tea is pretty gentle and easy to drink. Interior is pretty clean and cozy. Limited outdoor seating. Staff is pretty friendly and will try and accommodate walk-ins. Restaurant is relatively small so you might want to call ahead as they get crowded. I would say prices are about average for the area.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Virginia
“Great Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was my first visit to the restaurant and won't be my last. We had the sushi combo platter for two which was filling, and the sushi was fresh and very good. The restaurant does not accommodate a lot of people, so I would recommend reservations whether for lunch or dinner.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
maryland
“Go for their signature Chirashi.......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Have been here many times for lunch . The Chirashi Sushi is always excellent and a pretty good deal for the amount of fish you get.

Decided to go for dinner with my family . We thought the sushi was good (fish was very fresh) but the rice balls were too big (one distinction between good sushi and great sushi ). Also, our food took waaaaaaay too long to arrive- we waited a good twenty minutes after finishing our appetizers. My Chirashi was delicious but came out another 10 minutes after our a la carte sushi.

• Visited August 2013
Virginia
“Excellent, fresh sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The small restaurant is packed with Asian folks, good sign we said and we were right. We sat at the bar, saw how two non-Asian cooks prepare the food and had a very good meal. The tempura was not soggy, the sushi fresh, the service was good. I recommend yo make a reservation though.

• Visited July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Elegant and Excellent go hand and hand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This little Japanese restaurant is run by a Japanese couple who put together dishes so yummy. Before I went there I was debating which Chirash dish I should choose from Regular, Shanshoku, and Young's Chirash. Oh boy, I was glad that I got a regular dish. It was more than big enough for two ladies. :-) But I was able to successfully accomplish the mission of enjoying lovely pieces. a beautiful presentation too. However, I am going to try Young-San's chirashi more variety next time.

Simple pleasures comes from a nice meal like this here at at Sushi Yoshi.

• Visited July 2013