“Excellent, fresh sushi”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Virginia
“Excellent, fresh sushi”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The small restaurant is packed with Asian folks, good sign we said and we were right. We sat at the bar, saw how two non-Asian cooks prepare the food and had a very good meal. The tempura was not soggy, the sushi fresh, the service was good. I recommend yo make a reservation though.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
San Antonio, Texas
“Elegant and Excellent go hand and hand”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This little Japanese restaurant is run by a Japanese couple who put together dishes so yummy. Before I went there I was debating which Chirash dish I should choose from Regular, Shanshoku, and Young's Chirash. Oh boy, I was glad that I got a regular dish. It was more than big enough for two ladies. :-) But I was able to successfully accomplish the mission of enjoying lovely pieces. a beautiful presentation too. However, I am going to try Young-San's chirashi more variety next time.

Simple pleasures comes from a nice meal like this here at at Sushi Yoshi.

• Visited July 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Try the Young-San Special Chirashi for Lunch”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you want to move up a notch in sushi eating, try Chirashi first and if you already had it and want to have something special try Young-san special Chirashi for lunch. If you are still at the maki roll and California roll, don't even bother since this plate is not cheap even by lunch standard. However, if you like Uni(sea urchin), Salmon Roe, Squid and of course lots of different raw fish, then you are in for a treat. This was concocted here so you won't find this anywhere else. Also, you need to have a big appetite. I haven't been to this place for sometime but I returned recently and it was well worth the price but I couldn't eat all what was on the plate but not because I didn't like what were on the plates but it was too much for me. It comes in two plates. Enjoy.

• Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Look no further”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My experience has been with lunch (not dinner). Food was well prepared and tastefully presented as you would expect in a Japanese restaurant. Prices are very reasonable (~$10 each for sushi, miso soup, salad, and tea). Service was also excellent. I ate once at the buffet (where you can watch the cooks) and once outside at one of the 3-4 tables set up there once the weather warmed up. If you want a table, I recommend you make reservations since it does get crowded. They open at 11:00 - check the website for hours and menu. There is a lot of parking nearby. Outside tables were dog-friendly so that was an unexpected bonus. I will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Hertz314
Aubrey, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly, Small place”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Food is good but not exceptional, Lots of variety on the menu, Very friendly staff. It is a very small cramped place though.

Visited April 2013