“On par with any sushi we have eaten anywhere”
Review of Sushi Yoshi

Sushi Yoshi
Ranked #10 of 182 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“On par with any sushi we have eaten anywhere”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The sushi here is so fresh, inventive and just plain delicious that we go often. Reserved but fine service. Small, so be make reservations or be prepared to wait.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank WBreskin

• Korean first
Virginia
“For you sushi lovers”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This Japanese sushi restaurant is a hole in wall in Vienna. The place is too small accommodate all its patrons so make sure before heading out here that you call ahead to make reservations.
What makes this place stands out are the offerings in the menu. Aside from the run of the mill items that you see on the menu they have original creations. The chirashi stood out because of the its presentation. They have salmon salad which I think is good as well.

Happy hour is from 5-630pm.
Parking is a headache if you come during peak dining hours, they have a back lot which can only accommodate like 6-7 compact cars.Other than that its street parking.

The place is pricey so don't expect your food to come cheap. Typical bill for 2 would run you up to $65.00 excluding taxes and tip.

Check it out and see if its to your liking.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank PURPLEYAMS
Falls Church, Virginia
“Great Chirashi !”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was looking at a review of another Japanese restaurant near by and the reviewer mentioned Sushi Yoshi as his regular Japanese place. This got me curious so I started looking at the Sushi Yoshi on Yelp and then their official website. The photos of all their sushi look so good! And then this bit on the "About Us" page got me even more intrigued:

"Chef Yasu was trained in classic French cuisine and worked at Le Gavroche, a Michelin 3 star restaurant in London, for many years. He left Le Gavroche to accept the position of chef at the British Embassy in Washington, D.C., where he worked for more than 10 years. Chef Yasu now works with Chef Yoshi at the sushi bar, but sometimes he can't resist the urge to get in the kitchen and create some of his favorite French and European dishes."

I decided I must try this place .... even if it meant cheating on our regular Japanese place, Tachibana. Sorry T! A girl's gotta have a little variety -- it's the spice of life! The space is rather small but we managed to get a couple of tables for a late Saturday lunch. Our party was 7 so we had to be split up. It was fine. All the main dishes come with a miso soup and salad. Loved the dressing! I shared a Sushi platter for 2 with my cousin and ordered the eel on rice for my daughter. Everything was great! The sushi was so yummy! There were 30 pieces of sushi and we could not finish it. Really wanted to try the dessert but just couldn't eat another bite. Will have to come back for the dessert next time.

So glad to find another Japanese place that's decent around here. (Closed on Mondays Lunch)

• Visited October 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
“An authentic Japanese gem in a small package”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very limited seating, and small tables close together. Reservations definitely in order. While many sushi houses in Northern Virginia are run by Koreans, this one is authentic Japanese, and the dishes are a departure from what you might expect in the standard sushi house. Portions are small, and prices are moderate to high compared to Korean operated sushi places. But, everything is quite delicious, and you should try this place at least once. Remember to make reservations!

Visited June 2012
Cotopaxi, Colorado
“Parents choice”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We ate here because my parents picked this place for their anniversary. Hint one: Make reservations. The place is small and crowded, even by East Coast standards. That is why I gave the atmosphere only 3 dots. However, there were at least six servers for the dozen or so tables so there were no delays and water was constantly refilled. So five dots.

Food was excellent. We had the vegetable tempura, udon, salmon teriyaki and the sukiyaki. We didn't try the sushi so we can't comment. We had the gyoza as an appetizer and it too was good. I don't think that you could go wrong, so five dots. I don't think it is a good place for kids because there are no kid specific diversions although the couple that were there didn't seem to mind. So, five dots over all. Extra points if you spot the maneki neko.

• Visited November 2012