Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel
Rodeway Inn(Fairfax)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Residence Inn Tysons Corner(Tysons Corner)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsdunkin donutsdc areaconvenient accessconvenient hotelroom was cleanshort drivemicrowavecerealaccommodations
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Room was not very clean, and needed renovation. Toilet door would not close all the way, and thge toilet was missing the lid of the seat. B'fast did have a few bagels and donuts, but coffee was just not forthcoming; the tableclothe looked liked it had been months since it was cleaned. This was the least breakfast I have ever seen with any motel that advertises breakfast included. Be advised that it is far from DC via car and Metro is further than a walk. The price point is a little higher than "all-suites" in Herndon, and those include fantastic breakfasts, and nice and clean rooms. Not sure what motels other reviewers are used to, but this motel's only positive is that it is in Vienna, if you want to be in Vienna, VA

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank haconstruct
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I arrived at this hotel using the transit system. I got off at the Vienna station and planned to walk but there was a cab there so i grabbed it at $7.65. Got to check in room (their front desk is not quite ready yet) got checked in and staff was very friendly with recommendations as to where to eat in the area (I'm a vegetarian). When I got to the room its not exactly what I expected for the price (under $80) it was actually very clean! The room had everything I needed. The breakfast was good as well bagels, coffee, juice, and fruit. Great free wi-fi. I recommend this hotel for anyone who wishes to save a few dollars visiting DC. I was worried about the location and the name of the hotel but the area is great, very suburban with lots of restaurants within walking distance.
I would like to single out Sam and Jeff for their fabulous customer service at this Motel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I knew when i reserved this hotel for under $80 that I was getting five star but I was pleasantly surprised. My wife was unsure of the hotel especially when we initially pulled in. Good customer service at the front even though it doesn't seem like a front desk. The front desk even made free copies for the group ahead of us when they were thinking they would be charged. The only problem was they assigned us to a room that was still being cleaned so we drove around for awhile to acclimate ourselves to the area.
The rooms were clean but outdated in every way. We did get a fridge, cable, free WiFi, coffeemaker and coffee, extra blankets, cold but loud AC, comfortable place to sleep, alarm, and table with chair. I would bring my own towel as it seemed to be like sandpaper but no sight of bugs.
Location is within walking distance of Metro for a nice stroll over a mile or so. We drove and parked for under $5 and took the Metro which worked wonderfully. I also drove in to DC at night and we were close to 66. There is also plenty of eating places withing 2 miles and a few within walking distance but I don't recommend the Mexican place right next door. The breakfast was also good with Dunkin Donuts and Bagels in a hotel room turned into the breakfast room (odd but it works to keep prices down).
I would recommend staying here if you are on a budget and don't mind the Metro ride. I would like to stay downtown but the prices chased me to the burbs.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We had a ground floor room that was updated nicely, included frig and microwave, and the sink outside of the bathroom. Plenty of room, and beds were nice. Compared to prices of other hotels in the area, this was a bargain. WiFi in room was great feature too. We often camp, but decided with the heat and humidity we would enjoy air-conditioning, which I'm glad we decided that way because it was hot. Street noise could have been loud if we didn't have the air-conditioning running all the time. Breakfast was donuts, bagels, juice, coffee, fruit -- adequate for us. No exercise room or spacious lobby or pool, but if you're looking for a place to sleep while seeing the sites in the DC area, this is nice. The Vienna Metro station is a bit far to walk if you are not used to walking. Our days included driving to our first site, then parking at a Metro station to take the train into DC for our second and third site of the day, then driving back to the hotel in the evening. Avoided rush-hour traffic.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We had a car and family nearby, so we were able to get around fairly easy. It is close to everything you would want to do here in Vienna or in DC. One thing that bugged us was the fact that our room had mini blinds and not blackout curtains (all second floor rooms had mini blinds from what we could see). The other floors had curtains, so request the top floor or bottom floor if that is a concern. We could hear the traffic from the street, but our A/C drowned out that noise. Our room was clean, the beds were small. It is more like a full size bed than a queen even though we were told 2 double queen size beds. Having a microwave and mini-fridge was an unexpected bonus which we were very greatful for. Also the free wireless internet access. They did have one desktop computer in their tiny office/checkin area, so if you don't have your laptop, you may have to fight for time on their computer. All in all I can't complain too much. You get what you pay for and for the price, the accommodations are reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple