“Just fine!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vienna
Hull
“Just fine!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a night after busting Wolf Trap for the Opera, travelling down from Annapolis (MD).

The hotel was easy to find and is on a main road where there are lots of available places to eat and visit.

Check in was very quick and the staff on the desk were friendly and helpful, however there was a horrific smell in the room which meant that walking in there was almost unbearable!

Upon requesting a first floor room, we were told that they'd sold out for the evening...even though it was clear they weren't! So I'd recommend putting in a specific room request early if you're pre-booking!

The room was nice, light and we had a lot of space...a lot more than many cheap hotels I've been to! I have nothing to complain about the room really! My bed was very comfortable, the room was light and we had a TV!

There is wifi at the hotel which is quite fast, when checking in, be sure to remind the clerk at the desk for the code!

We arrived at breakfast half an hour before it finished the next day to discover that the only thing left was an apple, basket of Philadelphia samples and a Muffin...so I'd recommend going to the McDonalds next door or the Diner across the road...

For dinner in the evening we are at the Diner Amphora across the road which is very old fashioned but with very nice food! I'd recommend it if you're looking for somewhere quick and nearby with standard prices...if not there's a McDonalds and I think a Taco Bell and Wendy's right nearby!

If you're very sensitive to smoke, this is definitely not the best hotel! Everywhere smelt of smoke, even in our non-smoking room and whatever time of day, every-time we left our room somebody was smoking nearby, so just a pre-warning!

All in all, for one night it was okay! However, I would not recommend for longer than a 2 night stay!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank pinkergirl13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Clarksburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

After a long day of traveling highways and byways of West Virginia, Maryland and Virginia we just wanted a place to sleep and grab a shower before we headed in to DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival that wasn't to far from a Metro station that fit our budget and this fit the bill. Though once we saw the place I commented to my girlfriend "check for body outline tape on the floor"

Being a disabled traveler that uses a wheelchair however it was not the greatest of choices. My chair was barely able to fit between the bed and as for the shower I ended up doing a sponge bath because I was not able to use it.

As for the continental breakfast...I recommend the McDonald's down the street.

Next time we go Washington we plan on spending the extra money for a nicer place.

Room Tip: Not a good choice for disabled travelers
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Vienna hotels

Portland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

You get what you pay for. Yes, it's cheap and if you are willing to deal with getting locked out of your room, no water pressure, ripped up carpets, and a hard as wood bed, you're golden. I came back to my room late one evening after helping a friend move and my key didn't work. Went to the front desk, told them the issue, they did something on their system, and didn't offer any explanation. The complementary breakfast consisted of orange juice that wasn't chilled and pre packaged little debbie type items. I tried a doughnut but ended up throwing it out after one bite. The rooms appear to have been constructed in the 1970's without any upgrades. Carpeting was ripped up in the room. Crude repairs to the walls. The shower (which had absolutely no pressure and would go from luke warm to scalding hot without warning) had strange rust spots all over the tub. I felt worse waking up after sleeping in the bed than I did from helping a friend move their entire home. The TV's are probably the newest piece in the rooms and those appear to be late 1990's.
Moral of the story is you are totally going to get what you pay for. I would never stay here again even if the room was free. Having a quality rest in a comfortable bed with a nice shower in the morning is worth the extra expense.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and go elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank BrianC1981
Anaheim, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Was awakened at 8 am by loud banging on door. Ignored, and then received a phone call from the front desk demanding my name. I was told I had "never checked in." After explaining that I did sign their little piece of paper, the banging at the door was back. After my phone conversation was over the banging at the door returned. I opened the door to a woman who simply said "front desk say check rooms, no person here" After explaining my dissatisfaction with the current situation, the only apology I was given was "sorry, ok? sorry"

Would not recommend to anyone, very poor experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank John M
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Yikes. Shirtless people wandering around drinking alcohol in the middle of the day. Smelly rooms with marks on the walls. Hair in the bathroom and beds, and stains on the sheets. Staff that were indifferent at best. Not a good experience at all, even for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ja22006
Cambridge, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

There is no question that the rates at the Wolf Trap Hotel are highly competitive. This, however should not excuse the overall very poor condition of the premises and the unfriendly and disengaged attitude by the front-desk staff. The complimentary breakfast buffet, while "nice-to-have" does little to improve the value for money. Even minor management changes would greatly add to making the stay more welcoming.

Room Tip: There are no elevators. Rooms on the ground floor are most convenient.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Muralto60
Vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had a really nice time at the Wolf Trap Hotel. Not to mention I absolutely loved the cheap prices. The other cool part is I didn't have my rental car so, it was great knowing that is was only 1/2 mile from the nearest bus stop.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vienna
Quality Inn Tysons Corner
Quality Inn Tysons Corner
#11 of 14 in Tysons Corner
3.0 of 5 stars 257 reviews
Courtyard Dunn Loring Fairfax
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner
Extended Stay America - Washingt...
#12 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall
Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall
#10 of 14 in Tysons Corner
4.0 of 5 stars 179 reviews

Been to Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel? Share your experiences!