There's a shortage of decent budget accommodation in the metro DC area, and the Wolf Trap is a good choice if you're on a budget. It's about a mile from Vienna Metro station which takes about 40 minutes to downtown DC (and the all day parking does now accept non-US credit cards on exit).
The Wolf Trap itself is a typical 70s motel, with external corridors on 3 floors, but generally quite well maintained. There's a fair bit of traffic noise from Route 123, but it's acceptable, and as the only heating is through the room a/c units, if arrive late on a cold or snowy night (as I did), the rooms can be cold, but soon warm up reasonably well. Breakfast is simple (bagels, donuts and fruit) but adequate and included in the rates. The high speed internet access works OK and is free but sometimes needs resetting by reception to work. And there's a terminal in reception at which you can print off airline boarding passes, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for a clean and reliable place to stay in Vienna Virginia, the charming Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel is the perfect choice. Located close to the Washington DC Metro with easy access to the Wolf Trap Performing Arts Center and Tyson's Corner Center shopping mall, you'll enjoy free continental breakfast and complimentary wireless internet all at an affordable price. With friendly service and free parking, you won't find a better deal in the heart of Vienna Virginia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vienna Wolftrap Hotel Vienna
- Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel VA - Fairfax County