WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vienna
Vineland, New Jersey
“Wolf Trap "how ironic"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

I was visiting Washingon DC for spring break, and wanted a hotel that was cheap and not crowded, and I found it. This hotel was very well priced, but it wasnt very convinient. There was alot of traffic due to construction ( i know is not the hotels fault) so it took us twice as much to get to the hotel. The room was very clean, and big. My boyfriend with a wheelchair was very confortable and was able to move around, even though it was a regular room (they only have 1 handicap accesible room). He also took his Service dog with him and they were very accomodating to that as well. The "continental breakfast" wasnt much but bagels and donuts from Dunkins with coffee, tea and juice. I did not eat breakfast because when i got there there wasnt much left (breakfast was from 6-10 am). Overall I wiuld stay here again, but I would find out if there is any construction going on at the time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Viviana G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

Before I booked this hotel I read reviews on a few different sites. The consensus was the hotel serves it's purpose - a place to sleep. The non-smoking room smelled like an old room someone had smoked in. I believe the smoke seeps through the badly insulated walls. It's not overpowering though. The walls have holes and bad patching jobs all over. The lighting in the room is bad. The heater worked a little too well so I had to turn it down to 60 to keep the room comfy. The bathroom was surprisingly clean. It appeared cleaner than the room actually. I would recommend this hotel of you aren't interested in very many amenities and just want to sleep. Its in a great town but on a busy intersection. I would suggest ear plugs.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank gibilshazu
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2010

I should have known better and just kept on driving when I saw this place, but I needed a place to stay and checked in. I checked into a room with one queen bed and immediately realized the error of my decision. The room was filthy. The hotel is run down, and disgusting. The room had a huge stain on the floor, the bathroom was disgusting. After turning on the lights and heater I had to wash my hands to wash the filth off of me. I immediately turned around and informed the front desk clerk that I would not be staying at their establishment. He actually charged me for the room saying because I washed my hands, I had "used" the room. Most expensive hand washing ever, but better than staying one more minute in that place!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank K9480
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

Room was not very clean, and needed renovation. Toilet door would not close all the way, and thge toilet was missing the lid of the seat. B'fast did have a few bagels and donuts, but coffee was just not forthcoming; the tableclothe looked liked it had been months since it was cleaned. This was the least breakfast I have ever seen with any motel that advertises breakfast included. Be advised that it is far from DC via car and Metro is further than a walk. The price point is a little higher than "all-suites" in Herndon, and those include fantastic breakfasts, and nice and clean rooms. Not sure what motels other reviewers are used to, but this motel's only positive is that it is in Vienna, if you want to be in Vienna, VA

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank haconstruct
Atlanta GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

I arrived at this hotel using the transit system. I got off at the Vienna station and planned to walk but there was a cab there so i grabbed it at $7.65. Got to check in room (their front desk is not quite ready yet) got checked in and staff was very friendly with recommendations as to where to eat in the area (I'm a vegetarian). When I got to the room its not exactly what I expected for the price (under $80) it was actually very clean! The room had everything I needed. The breakfast was good as well bagels, coffee, juice, and fruit. Great free wi-fi. I recommend this hotel for anyone who wishes to save a few dollars visiting DC. I was worried about the location and the name of the hotel but the area is great, very suburban with lots of restaurants within walking distance.
I would like to single out Sam and Jeff for their fabulous customer service at this Motel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

I knew when i reserved this hotel for under $80 that I was getting five star but I was pleasantly surprised. My wife was unsure of the hotel especially when we initially pulled in. Good customer service at the front even though it doesn't seem like a front desk. The front desk even made free copies for the group ahead of us when they were thinking they would be charged. The only problem was they assigned us to a room that was still being cleaned so we drove around for awhile to acclimate ourselves to the area.
The rooms were clean but outdated in every way. We did get a fridge, cable, free WiFi, coffeemaker and coffee, extra blankets, cold but loud AC, comfortable place to sleep, alarm, and table with chair. I would bring my own towel as it seemed to be like sandpaper but no sight of bugs.
Location is within walking distance of Metro for a nice stroll over a mile or so. We drove and parked for under $5 and took the Metro which worked wonderfully. I also drove in to DC at night and we were close to 66. There is also plenty of eating places withing 2 miles and a few within walking distance but I don't recommend the Mexican place right next door. The breakfast was also good with Dunkin Donuts and Bagels in a hotel room turned into the breakfast room (odd but it works to keep prices down).
I would recommend staying here if you are on a budget and don't mind the Metro ride. I would like to stay downtown but the prices chased me to the burbs.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

We had a ground floor room that was updated nicely, included frig and microwave, and the sink outside of the bathroom. Plenty of room, and beds were nice. Compared to prices of other hotels in the area, this was a bargain. WiFi in room was great feature too. We often camp, but decided with the heat and humidity we would enjoy air-conditioning, which I'm glad we decided that way because it was hot. Street noise could have been loud if we didn't have the air-conditioning running all the time. Breakfast was donuts, bagels, juice, coffee, fruit -- adequate for us. No exercise room or spacious lobby or pool, but if you're looking for a place to sleep while seeing the sites in the DC area, this is nice. The Vienna Metro station is a bit far to walk if you are not used to walking. Our days included driving to our first site, then parking at a Metro station to take the train into DC for our second and third site of the day, then driving back to the hotel in the evening. Avoided rush-hour traffic.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vienna
Quality Inn Tysons Corner
#2 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield

Been to Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel? Share your experiences!