“Great place to stay!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Hot Springs
Charleston, TN
“Great place to stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here on our way to South Dakota and what a pleasant evening we had. This is a friendly, family owned establishment. The owners also own a mini-golf course on the property that is one of the most challenging I've ever played. The hotel is also very close to the Freedom Trail Walkway which is a great walking trail to downtown Hot Springs. We would definately recommend this Budget Host Inn as a great place to stay if you are on your way to the Black Hills or Mt. Rushmore. We did not use the swimming pool but if looked like a very nice pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank laurar12345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here for the weekend to run the LeanHorse 50km and to help a friend running the LeanHorse 100miler. The rooms were spotlessly clean, the AC worked great on a hot stuffy weekend, the owner, Wally, is friendly and concerned with the quality of your stay. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. The refrigerator and microwave allowed for easy cooking/storing of meals. The pool was refreshing for a soak.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank adstpier
Marcellus, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We were in town to visit the Mammoth Site, and needed a place to stay. I went by reviews an Tripadvisor and chose this place. I really wish I'd waited until I saw the place before committing. While the owner was very nice and helpful, I felt the the motel room itself was pretty run-down.

We booked a room with two queen beds, which had a back door we were able to unload our stuff at. That entrance was a bit sketchy, at best. There were prickly cactus in the gravel-and-grass "parking area", and the back door also didn't seal well, which was disconcerting given the big dead black bugs we saw outside! I really didn't feel comfortable leaving our car outside that entrance at all - after unloading, we moved it back into the main lot. Towels were meh. Kind of old looking and low quality.

On the upside, our kids enjoyed the pool and the beds were quite comfortable. All in all, okay but I'd spring for something nicer next time.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank GracieCNY
Bowie, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

When we first arrived, I was concerned because I thought I would get more for the price I was going to pay (more than other hotels on our trip, but I discovered it's just the going rate for this town during tourist season), but everything was fine. I had made a mistake and reserved the wrong night, but Wally took care of everything for us and even gave us the online rate we had reserved. The room was of average size and had all the amenities. The free breakfast was sparse, but adequate. The internet worked fine. The best part was the pool! It was small, but the cleanest we had seen on the trip and the kids had a great time. I would stay here again. There is a DQ right across the street - perfect for a late night, summer snack.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here for one evening in transit across the Plains states. As other reviewers mentioned, it may look a little "basic" at first glance, but don't let that put you off. It is a very clean, well maintained property with *wonderful beds*. I have stayed at "major name brand" (i.e., much more expensive!) hotels on business that did not have beds as comfortable as this Budget Host Inn. The outdoor pool is clean and comfortable and the staff is very helpful and friendly. We will definitely be back. If you're looking for a great lodging value in the Hot Springs, SD area, THIS IS THE PLACE!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jazzdoc59
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I spent two weeks here for work and would come back again to stay here on vacation. The hotel was extremely clean and well maintained. Located close to everything in town, and along a nice walking/jogging path. The new beds were very nice and firm. Continental breakfast had a good selection, including coffee, juice, cereal, toast, bagels, and donuts. Wally, the hotel owner, was always very welcoming and helpful. In fact I don't know when he sleeps because he was in the front office when I went to bed and still there when I woke up in the morning. Our crew also had alot of fun playing puttputt golf at the golf course right next to the hotel also.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Amanda D
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was our first stop on a family trip in the Black Hills. At first glance, it looks a little doubtful, but once inside, the rooms are spotless, come with a microwave and fridge, and 2 luggage racks for suitcases! Outdoor pool was small but clean. The owner Wally is a gem!! Very helpful with finding good deals, answering questions and extremely friendly. We had considered the Best Western down the street (as it had an indoor pool), but after experiencing the rudest desk clerk I've possibly ever met, we turned right around and left. The older woman could barely give eye contact, let alone a hint of the friendliness and hospitality that Wally did. Would happily stay at Budget Host Hills Inn again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family