“Simple, but good.”

Motel 6 Hot Springs
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Well, I have never stayed at a Motel 6 before, but my husband liked the ratings it got on Tripadvisor and the price was good. The front desk attendant, Troy, did a good job of checking us in. He was the only one on duty and there was several of us at one time. He was quick and friendly. Our room was on the first floor, at the very end. It was small, but clean. And very quiet.
Though dated and simple, bed was surprisingly comfortable. Internet service was very slow, so don't bother. I had to use my personal hotspot on my phone. Bathroom was clean, but the fan was really noisy. Air conditioner was quiet and kept the room cool. All in all, I would stay here again, if we came this way on another trip.

Room Tip: Our room was at end of hall, with no other rooms next to ours. Nice and private!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bec61
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback. I will pass your comments on to the entire staff. We hope that your travels bring you back this way again in the future!

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

You can't expect too much from a Motel 6. We choose it because of the indoor pool. The pool is very small, but it was enough to make the kids happy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The laundry room needs some attention. One of the washers had the hot and cold settings switched. We ended up ruining some of our clothes because they need to be washed cold and the machine washed them hot on the cold setting. The other washer had a huge bug in it - I think it was a moth or a very big fly, they have huge flies in this area. The door of the other washer came apart when I opened it. I had to put it aside while I filled the dryer and then lay it back on top when I was done. When I was done with my laundry I found a bolt in my clothes. Finally, the beds were super uncomfortable. If the hotel is five years old the mattresses are either twice that or they are the cheapest they could find. We woke up very sore. We have slept in several hotels on our trip and this one was definitely the most uncomfortable. The sheets weren't much better. They use very old and tattered looking blankets that made me feel very uncomfortable and itchy.
Overall it's actually a nicer one for a Motel 6....Service was outstanding and that's something you can't say for most.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your response. We will check into the condition of your mattress. I wish you would have brought that issue to our attention at the time of your stay. We did have one washing machine that we had to take to the shop and when it was brought back, it was connected backwards. I apologize for that. At the time of your stay you assured us that none of your clothes had been damaged. We appreciated your bringing that oversight to our attention. We have had continual vandalism to the second washer. The appliance shop is having difficulty finding the part for that machine to permanently fix the door. We do not understand why someone would be so destructive!

Again, I appreciate your comments and I hope you give us a chance to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was impressed by the cleanliness and size of the room and bathroom. A good value for the price of the room. Didn't have time to try the pool and hot tub, but they looked on par with the room. More toward the "edge" of town, but within a few minutes of all the fun stuff like Mammoth Site and Evans Plunge.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have refrigerators/microwaves
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let others know how your experience was at Motel 6. We appreciate your positive feedback. We hope to be able to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Excellent value for the price. The motel is well kept and very clean. The two queen room was spacious. The beds were firm but comfortable. The bathroom is large and has a nice tub/shower. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful with directions. The only average part of the room was a small tv. Also, no breakfast is offered. I would choose this motel again for the value.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank LakeLoons

Thank you for your very kind comments. We hope to be able to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I've stayed at quite a few Motel 6 properties over the years, but this is by far the cleanest and best maintained of them all! The staff is friendly and helpful. Couldn't have asked for more and close to Rushmore and Crazy Horse.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback. I will pass your comments on to staff. We hope your travels bring you back this way in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This room was average for cleanliness in regards to hotels. For the price, what we got was fair. I forgot my pillowcase there and they mailed it back to me at home!! Staff was very sweet and friendly. My kids had a good time in the pool. For what we paid (off season) it seemed fair.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our motel. We appreciate your positive feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Our family of 4 stayed here for 1 night during a trip to Mount Rushmore. We have no complaints. The staff was very friendly, our room was clean, and our kids loved the pool. We were close enough to places to eat and service stations. We would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope your travels will bring you back this way again in the future.