“Exceptional Service”

Motel 6 Hot Springs
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I visited Motel 6 on January 29, 2013. There was an unexpected snow storm so I was stranded.
I only had less than 1 hour to go to Rapid City but with white out conditions, I was unable to proceed. And to top it off, it was my birthday. Fortunately I found a room at Motel 6 in Hot Springs. Carrie, the front desk attendant was so friendly, professional and inviting and made what could have been a bad birthday into a pleasant one. She was so sweet and accommodating. I would highly recommend a stay here due to the wonderful service they provide.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback. Each of us enjoy serving our guests. We urge each guest to contact the front desk if a problem arises. If there is a way we can help, we are delighted to do so. The payback is awesome comments from people like you! We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed there last year for two nights while visiting Mount Rushmore and on my way to Yosemite. Clean and everything worked. Staff friendly and cooperative. No shampoo in the room, but available upon request at the desk. Good value with friendly staff. Very close to Mammoth Site.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback. We hope to see you again this year.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

After traveling from Florida to South Dakota with my family and our dog, I had more than enough of being turned away from various hotels because they don't except dogs or that they will except a dog for a $40 dollar extra charge and being treated like dirt in the process. Upon reaching Hot Springs late one night, I entered the lobby of Motel 6, expecting a hassle from the girl at the desk. I asked if they accepted dogs and she responded,"Sure". I then asked,"How much is the charge?" She responded,"There is no charge." And in a very friendly way, said."We love dogs here!" I'll never forget how helpful and super friendly the staff was during our stay and how they helped out during a medical emergency that we had while there! It was almost like staying with family, Very representitive of of Hot Springs its'self! I cannot say enough about Motel 6 and Hot Springs.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Randy H

Thank you for your very kind comments. We enjoy serving our guests. Thank you for giving us that opportunity! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Another motel was full, so my wife and I went here and booked a room that evening. Although it did not have a breakfast, the rate is excellent- super value. They have coffee in the loby. It has a small pool. Room was clean. The motel appears to be newer. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
m64344, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Picked this because it was top rated motel in Hot Springs. If this is the best Hot Springs has to offer they are lacking in hotels, maybe I should open one myself. Room was clean,front desk was friendly and polite. Bed was not comfortable, no radio, no clock, just a small analog tv. o.k. for a discount chain but when we go back to Hot Springs we won't be staying at motel 6

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe B
m64344, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Motel 6 was sold to us as a budget chain that is cheap and available almost anywhere. We had stayed in a rather run-down one in Denver before so our hopes weren't high, but this one is really nice! It's either brand new or recently refurbished, is easy to find, well-appointed, had a fridge in the room and an indoor pool. The rooms are large and we heard no night time disturbance at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DB1957
m64344, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your nice comments. Motel 6 Hot Springs is celebrating its 5th year in business
--built new October 2007. Hopefully, you will be able to come visit us again!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I were in the Black Hills for 8 days for my grandmother's memorial service and some added sightseeing. I adjusted our reservation about 5 times because we had a ton of schedule changes at the last minute. The staff at the 6 was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We had been having a week where we felt like no one in the service industry would ever be kind again, and then...boom! we landed in Hot Springs and did not want to leave. Clean, comfy room - quiet too! Even if you want to travel all over the Hills, it is worth it to stay at the Motel 6 in Hot Springs, even if there is an extra drive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura K
m64344, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

The entire staff at Motel 6 Hot Springs enjoy serving people. Our reward is reviews such as yours! Thank you. We look forward to serving you in the future.