“Good stay”

Motel 6 Hot Springs
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We called on the same day, and got a room. I asked for the tripadvisor discount (is there such a thing? I don't think so, but this has worked more than once. I know hotels have a lot of discretion in pricing, and this gives them a reason to give a slightly better deal), and got a room for 46 dollars.
wifi didn't work at first, but staff tried really hard. I could tell the router was working but the ISP was not up. It worked after a while, and staff gets credit for the effort and enthusiasm.
Otherwise, clean, decent, basic. Least amount I have paid for a hotel in quite a while.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
m64344, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for kind comments. I so appreciate your understanding of the internet. That issue has been quite a trial for us this summer. We hope that it is now up and running permanently! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We decided last minute to travel from Colorado Springs to South Dakota to visit the Crazy Horse Mount Rushmore memorials. We arrived at the Motel 6 in Hot Springs at 9:00 p.m., with no reservation and the staff couldn't have been any nicer or more accommodating. Our party consisted of 4 adults, my granddaughter and our dog "Katie" who was just as welcome as we were. The room was clean and very comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay at this Motel 6 in the future - and I hope that is very soon because I would love to spend more time in the area. I must also mention that the citizens of Hot Springs are the sweetest and friendliest people in the world.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Both times I stayed at the Motel 6 it was late and I was tired! Both times Motel 6 staff made the difference between staying "somewhere" and staying somewhere great. I travel with a dog and Motel 6 hotels welcome them in general, but in Hot Springs we were both made welcome. If you want to get away from the Rapid City frenzy and high prices, Hot Springs is worth the drive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Motel 6 Hot Springs is a good inexpensive motel to stay @. I stayed here due to the positive reviews on tripadvisor. The staff there were very friendly. The only annoying thing was when you turn on the light in the bathroom the fan is constantly going on but this is a standard in most Motel 6's I've stayed @. The one main restaurant in town is good with big portions but on the steep side on price. I would recommend Motel 6 Hot Springs to anyone passing thru town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
m64344, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Thank you for your comments and recommendation. We hope you are able to stop this way again in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This Motel 6 was pretty clean and comfortable. It is a little hidden from the main road and even my GPS was having issues finding it. The parking was a bit of a nightmare at 11pm and the lot was not well lit at all. The staff was very friendly and helpful and seemed eager to please. The beds were horrendous as in most Motel 6 properties. It was a decent stay and from what we saw one of very limited choices for lodging.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
m64344, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Guest comments help us to continually improve. We hope to have you visit again in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The first time we stayed here was in 2011. The man at the desk made our stay an enjoyable one by being very helpful with getting all our questions asked, and finding the perfect room for our needs. I slept like a baby :D
The 2nd time we went was this year, our stay wasn't that great because we didn't get our rooms reserved, because it was a last minute vacation, wasn't sure we were even going. We got stuck with a smoking room. It reminded me why I quit. The woman on the desk said she would spray it while we were gone. When we returned we could barely breath, the room was so overwhelmed with the smell good stuff that I could taste it. It took an hour to air the room out. It got rid of the cigarette smoke though :D The bed was a no flip, and it sagged enough to make a ridge around me. But I slept good. Another reason to not buy a no-flip mattress, they only last 4-5years.
Would I return? Yes Was the staff helpful? Yes. I believe they did their best to accommodate us. I will just know better to make reservations. :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
m64344, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

I am glad that your travels brought you back this way again. I am sorry that your stay was not as pleasant as your first time here. Hopefully, with your future planning and our dedicated staff we can rectify the problems that you encountered this time and that your stay will equal or surpass your first experience. We do appreciate you choosing Motel 6 Hot Springs.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Everything was clean and the room was spacious. The women at the front desk were very helpful. They made us a fresh pot of coffee and let us use a hair dryer. They even gave us some cards for free bowling! A nice surprise after driving for eight hours. Rate was reasonable as well. It was the perfect spot to stay. Quiet town but close to all of the action and attractions.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments. We are always willing to serve when people ask. Hopefully, your future plans will bring you back this way again.