“Fast, Decent Road Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Taco John's
Ranked #22 of 28 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
“Fast, Decent Road Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is hardly high cuisine, but if you need a quick bite while passing through Hot Springs, to refuel, like we did, Taco John's fits the bill. My "very good" rating is relative to other fast-food joints, as this one was fast, clean and had decent offerings, but is certainly nothing special or fancy. The counter workers were friendly and efficient. MUCH better, in every way, than a couple McDonalds we were forced to try on the same trip.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank McBragg

Tucson, Arizona
“Don't look down ......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were on our way into the Black Hills area but at 1 p.m. wanted some lunch. We had taken the back roads because we like seeing what's off the beaten path. We drove into Hot Springs from highway 71 and saw Taco John's right beside another fast food place. We opted for Mexican. There were several ahead of us. The place had a good business going and it wasn't all locals. There were lots of states represented in the parking lot. Items that we get at Taco Bell where we normally stop were much more expensive here. We liked the fresh pico and were okay with the open containers of sauces until I began looking for a place to sit and my foot sort of stuck to the floor. The booths that were open desperately needed cleaning. Bits of lettuce and tomatoes were sprinkled on the seats and the table. There were a few refried bean lumps on one table. I snagged the best table and sat to wait for my husband to bring our meal. As I walked across the floor, it was just terrible. I used the rest room and the floor was just as bad. I couldn't hazard a guess as to when the floor in either area had last been washed -- well. Our meal was tasty, but would have been much nicer in a clean establishment.

• Visited August 2013