“An absolutely amazing family experience...one you will truly ENJOY!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sage Meadow Ranch

Sage Meadow Ranch
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Hot Springs
Fort Wayne, Indiana
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“An absolutely amazing family experience...one you will truly ENJOY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our family was on a near 3 week trip visiting many beautiful parts of our country. We were traveling pulling our travel trailer and were traveling through North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota and we knew we would be taking a trail ride at some point.

Our family is very comfortable on horses and we weren't looking for your "traditional" horseback ride where you simply are on a trail that the horse has done hundreds of times and can do in his/her sleep following the horse in front nose to tail...so we avoided the National Park rides and did some research and we found the Sage Meadow Ranch in Hot Springs.

A phone converstation later confirmed that Sage Meadow was what we were looking for.

I had the pleasure of speaking with Dave the first call...he indicated that his wife was the one that ran the horse trail rides...but he was very friendly and knowledgeable about the business and spent more than a few minutes on the phone with me. Holly his wife called me back later that morning and we confirmed everything for our trail ride when we would be in the area.

When we got to the ranch Holly had already had the horses saddled up for our ride and she only does "private" rides if you will so it is YOUR group and YOUR group alone that gets her attention!

She takes you on her own land and we also had the pleasure of having Dave ride along with us.

During the ride I was able to enjoy very pleasant conversation with both Dave and Holly and they also had a great time chatting with my daughters. It was only my 2 daughters (ages 13 and 15), myself and Dave and Holly on the ride. My wife stayed behind at Holly and Dave's home and enjoyed their front porch which overlooks some of their property and she simply had a quiet time reading her book and relaxing...that was her thing that day!

We've ridden a lot of different places and both my girls have been to week long horse camps...this experience was by far out BEST EVER experience as a family on horses and we have taken more than a few rides around the country! Holly gave us exactly what we asked for and wanted and I know our girls will remember this trail ride the rest of their lives because it was DIFFERENT than your traditional ones out there and I am very happy we found Holly and Dave's ranch!

If you ever find yourself down in the Hot Springs South Dakota area...as an aside...the ranch's address is Hot Springs but the ranch is farther north of Hot Springs...it is about 30 minutes south of Custer SD...so it is actually closer to Custer than Hot Springs...be warned though...you will not be able to use your GPS to find them...but don't worry...Holly will send you excellent directions through email!

So...if you ever find yourself down in the Hot Springs South Dakota area...and are looking for a great horse back riding experience...give Holly a call and set up a ride...tell her what you are looking for and what your experience level is and she can tailor a ride for your group...you will NOT be disappointed...her horses are exceptionally well behaved and you can tell very gentle and truly care for their riders they are carrying!

Do yourself a favor...CALL HOLLY and set up a ride...her prices are very reasonable for the service she is providing and she too truly enjoys what she is doing!

I hope this review helps you out!

Visited July 2012