Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Hoping for a more natural setting!

The pool is well maintained and we did like the stones at the bottom of the deeper end but is was... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
SiandraW
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Same Old Evans Plunge

I learned to swim in the Evans Plunge 55 years ago and little has changed since then, yes the... read more

Reviewed September 25, 2018
rooskyoregon
Southern Oregon

All reviews outdoor pool water slides rock bottom steam room basketball hoop hotel pool natural hot springs basket ball volleyball net lap swimming two hours different areas rainy day spring fed mammoth site great family fun black hills
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had so much fun at the Plunge! My boys loved the slides & we had to drag them out at closing time--must visit this spot!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I grew up going to Evan's Plunge in Hot Springs, but I had not been there for probably 15 years and decided that my wife and I would like to bring our 4 year old there for some fun in the water. Overall, the Plunge is a very large swimming pool with pebble-bottom. The water comes up from the floor, and is always warm. Not hot/warm, but more cool/warm. The slides are great fun, and I got to show off to my wife and son by going across the rings.

My only tinge is that for small children, they have two kiddie pools, but I would prefer if they looked at the possibility of making an area that has a gradient to it for babies and toddlers. Other than that, our experience was "very good," and I would recommend it to families who are on vacation to the Black Hills and down to see the Mammoth Site.

2  Thank BlackHillsFamilyMan
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The pool temp was cool and the facility is old, dark , and run down. It was not enjoyable and certainly not worth 40 bucks.

4  Thank wiklucker
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Grandparents didn't swim. Was hot and muggy inside. We didn't like the rocks on the bottom in the basketball area. Hurt when we tried to shoot a basket.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The price was ok for what you got. Front desk folks were really nice but once you got one life gaurd was so high on something you could have blind folded him with dental floss and he was very rude.

1  Thank msgt7011