“Vacation”

Evans Plunge Mineral Springs
Ranked #5 of 11 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The world's largest natural warm water indoor swimming pool. *NOT A HOT WATER SPRING* Evans Plunge Mineral Springs is consistently 87 degrees Fahrenheit year-round, the Lakota called it "Minnekahta" meaning "warm water." 5,000 gallons of water flow from the mineral springs every hour, completely refreshing the water in the pool numerous times every day. Evans Plunge Mineral Springs opened in 1890 and is the oldest attraction in the Black Hills. Currently owned & operated by the City of Hot Springs, Evans Plunge is proud to be open year round and offers both an indoor and an outdoor pool, plus a health club, which is included with admission!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had so much fun at the Plunge! My boys loved the slides & we had to drag them out at closing time--must visit this spot!

All reviews
"great family fun"
"black hills"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I grew up going to Evan's Plunge in Hot Springs, but I had not been there for probably 15 years and decided that my wife and I would like to bring our 4 year old there for some fun in the water. Overall, the Plunge is a very large swimming pool with pebble-bottom. The water comes up from the floor, and is always warm. Not hot/warm, but more cool/warm. The slides are great fun, and I got to show off to my wife and son by going across the rings.

My only tinge is that for small children, they have two kiddie pools, but I would prefer if they looked at the possibility of making an area that has a gradient to it for babies and toddlers. Other than that, our experience was "very good," and I would recommend it to families who are on vacation to the Black Hills and down to see the Mammoth Site.

2  Thank BlackHillsFamilyMan
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The pool temp was cool and the facility is old, dark , and run down. It was not enjoyable and certainly not worth 40 bucks.

4  Thank wiklucker
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Grandparents didn't swim. Was hot and muggy inside. We didn't like the rocks on the bottom in the basketball area. Hurt when we tried to shoot a basket.