“Great stay, great value, and great front desk service ... very friendly!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Hot Springs
McCook NE
“Great stay, great value, and great front desk service ... very friendly!”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This is first time staying here, was welcomed by a very friendly person at the front desk!
The room was great ... but what really set it apart from others ... the swiming area was actually warm enough to swim, the water was at perfect temp and most zazcuzzies ya don't want to get close to ... this one very clean and set perfect for a great soak.
I would recommemd to others and would stay here again I am visiting in area!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hot SPrings, SD
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I was so disappointed after a long day of traveling in icy conditions to finally arrive in Hot Springs, find a place to stay and be greeted with the check-in clerk referring to our President as "Buckwheat". OK, so maybe she doesn't like him - FINE! But these types of racist comments on duty at any position where you work with the public is unprofessional and distasteful. Don't like someone's politics? I'm fine with that - It is America after all - but not in a hotel check-in environment. Even just a disagreement with policy issues would never have prompted me to write to Best Western and surf the net to find any option of leaving a complaint. No amount of displeasure with someone's politics, no bad day, nothing can excuse a representative of this hotel chain spewing racist rhetoric. I will sleep in my car before I enter another Best Western.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank AZTraveler43
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I'm a pretty laid back person and not one who likes to give negative reviews unless they are truly deserving. I'd had a reservation to stay here for over a month and was looking forward to it. When we arrived there at 5:30pm on a Sunday after a very long day of traveling, I checked in and were given keys and I hauled all of my luggage up the back flight of stairs (which were covered in hay?? Not sure what was up with that). When I got to my room, it was in shambles from the night before. The maids hadn't even started on it!! I could only see one maid working and she told me she'd be on it soon, but gave no indication how long it would be. I was, needless to say, dissatisfied with this response. For $81/night in the off season I was not expecting this. We wound up going down the street instead to the brand new Motel Six and for a mere $45/night, I was immediately presented with a sparkling clean room, a lovely heated indoor pool and we had a great stay without any complaints. There was an elevator too so I didn't have to haul my heavy bags up the stairs. I don't know how this aging and apparently poorly managed Best Western motel manages to remain part of the BW franchise but based on this experience I will be leery of the entire chain during future vacations.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Nora1999
Chelsea, Michigan
Reviewed September 29, 2010

The hotel is nice enough unless you get a handicap room. The tubs in these rooms have a higher inside than a normal tub. Getting out of the tub, I took a tumble twisting my knee and bruising several body parts. The hotel staff was less than sympathetic and did nothing to compensate for my falling. As long as you don't get this room you should be OK.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2010

This hotel in Hot springs is a little older Hotel or al least appears to be older. The hallways could use a good vacuuming. The hotel does not have an elevator and we had to drag our suitcases up a flight of stairs. The condition of the furnishing was just avarage. The main thing that ruined our stay was the A/C. The noise from it could wake the dead. We finally had to turn it off and be warm. Breakfast was fine.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
albuquerque
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Pool and Hot Tub was very dirty yellow/green in color, For the $$$$ we spent we should have been able to use the pool and hot tub without no worries of infection or skin rash. we decided not to use them. that was one of the features we look for in a hotel and we were very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed July 11, 2010

This is just an average Best Western is a bit of a sleepy town. What made the difference here is that for $109 we upgraded to a family suite that had 2 queens plus a entire living room with couch and recliners.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Motel 6 Hot Springs
#4 of 9 in Hot Springs
Comfort Inn & Suites Custer
Holiday Inn Express Custer

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs? Share your experiences!