“friendly and comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Hot Springs
A TripAdvisor Member
“friendly and comfortable”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Nicely renovated rooms, peaceful location and grounds leading to a walk along the scenic Fall River. Convenient to the Hot Springs VA Hospital and the beautiful southern Black Hills. Good family hotel. Smaller with a hometown feel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are so pleased to hear your stay here was friendly and comfortable. We Thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you back in beautiful Hot Springs very soon. We wish you a joyful holiday season. Thank you for stopping in.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Springfield
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We are diamond members of Best Western so received an upgraded room - a roomy suite with a hot tub. I'm not a fan of hot tubs in rooms but this one was in a good location, not too prominent. The couch and bed were comfortable but the recliner had definitely been well used. The manager was very helpful the next morning when our car needed some help getting started - it was extremely cold. We didn't realise there were outlets all along the outside of the hotel that we could have used to keep the battery charged. The rate for this room was very cheap considering the amenities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Tony B.
I am pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant. Thank you for your feedback. It was my pleasure to assist you with jumping your vehicle battery. I am happy that I was able to help and that it was not a major repair for you. We do have outlets along the entire front side of the building for cold weather hook up as I stated to you. Please feel free to use them or ask us for a extension cord if needed. I will use your feedback to ensure our future guests are comfortable. I wish you a happy holiday season. Thank you for coming and I hope to see you back again soon.
Minnesota
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Awful service. Front desk is rude. They charged my account on day one for DOUBLE of what we owed...they said it was an incidental charge..the hitel manager told me she could not change it that only corporate could. So i called corporate and they said only the hotel could do it. So i guess no one knows whats going on at best western!!! Pool was tiny...hot tub was cold. Beds are hardad a rock. Yuck. The whole experience ruined our holiday.

• Stayed November 2013
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Kelly,
I am so sorry I could not help you. I tried everything in my power to help you by coming from my home in to the hotel during my holiday meal preparation in an effort to help. Upon speaking with you and my desk clerk to find out what the issue was, I phoned our property help desk and our coprporate office customer care in an effort to inquire if there was some way that I could help. They both informed me there was nothing we could do to assist you in this problem because it was a financial institution issue.I advised you to call your financial institution in an effort to get them to release the funds. I really wish I could have done something to help you with the situation. I empathized with you in every way and did my ulitmate best to see if therre was anything I coud do and unfortunatly there was nothing I could do. When your reservation was booked it stated in the notes that you were advised that there would be an authorization hold on your account due to the fact that a debit card was going to be used. There is also a notice posted on our front desk. I tried to reverse the charges on or property management system and there is not a way once the authorization is completed that I can reverse it. I showed you the folio on the computer screen that showed we had not charged anything to your folio. l can not refund monies that we did not charge on our system.The standard proceedure with financial institutions is to hold the monies, then release upon checkout. I am sorry that the hot tub was cold. I spoke with maintenance and he informed me that someone in the hot tub had pushed to spa button too many times causing the spa GFI switch to trip. Upon that happening the spa heater shuts down as a safety feature. I am so sorry that your experience was poor. If I could be of any further assistance please contact me.
Alpena, Michigan
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Booked a 4 nite stay while my husband was hunting. Came in after a 1200 mile drive with two 12 hour days of driving in a row and was very tired. The older lady at the desk, I think her name was Arlene, was very helpful and put us in a quiet room at the back of the hotel. Was very surprised how nice the room was and good sized. The beds were comfortable, the room was very clean and the staff was very good. I don't normally tip cleaning staff, but did here as our room was very clean. The shower head was perfect and had lots of water in the spray and felt good after 2 long days of driving. Breakfast was in their dining room and was good with cereal, yogurt, English muffin, boiled eggs, make your own waffle, several types of donuts, hot coffee and juice. The next night an older man was on the desk and he provided a lot of good info about sightseeing. We needed a place to store our 6 large coolers while we were there (for transporting processed game back home) and the staff helped with that. It was close to Custer State Park and Wind Tunnel Park where we viewed Buffalo along the road and Antelope and lots of Prairie Dogs. Next day toured North of Hot Springs to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, etc. Overall, I would recommend this as a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We can not be happier that your stay was a great one. We thank you for coming during your hunting excursion. We were happy that we were able to help in storing your game and placing you in a quiet location. We thank you for taking the time to complete the survey on our property. I will pass on your comments to both Jeff and Arlene. Thanks again for the comments and we hope to have you back again for your next hunting trip.
United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Would not recommend this place for 3 reasons: 1. Midnight pounding on our door by a random man 2. 13 quarter sized, bug bites overnight (still dealing with seeping wounds a week later) 3. The pool was pretty dirty/grimy looking. If you've no problem with the above issues, then go for it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
I am so sorry your stay was not a pleasant one. We do take our guests safety and comfort seriously. We are always here to assist you with any problems that you may have. Please let us know there is an issue with someone banging on your door by calling the front desk at once. If we are not aware there is a problem, we can't fix it. We will handle it immediately once notified. There is someone here 24 hours a day to assist you. If I can be of any service further please feel free to call me at the hotel. Thank you for your comments.
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Have stayed at this place many times though the years. Most of the time it is very good but this last time a bit disappointing. Very few guests this time as it was off-season in that area (early November) but they still grouped the relatively few guests in adjacent rooms, which caused noise problems in the evenings due to a family with several young and "energetic" children right next door. Hot tub was broken. There is a large TV for guests in a relaxing area near the front desk, but it was not hooked up. Pet policy has you pay for a pet EACH DAY you are there as opposed to a one-time fee like most other hotels. Come on, they only clean the room of pet dander once, when you leave. Why charge for that cleaning daily? The staff is friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.
We are so sorry about the noisy neighbors. I have met with my staff to keep this from happening in the future. Thank you for the comments. I helps us ensure better service to our guests. The television in the front lobby is actually not for guests. I am sorry you thought it was. We are disposing of it and are awaiting pick up for disposal. That's why its not plugged in and located by the front door. Rooms are cleaned on a daily basis for guests and our prices do reflect that. I am sorry you were disappointed. Thank you for your comments.
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here recently. It was clean, comfortable and pleasant presentation. The lady at the counter was very friendly and welcoming. My only small issue was that there was very few people staying here but they put is in an adjoining room with a pretty noisy family.
Lovely stay thanks!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hi,
Thanks so much for the feedback. I am so sorry the neighboring room was noisy. I will have a meeting with my staff to train them on how to be more proactive with selecting rooms for families. We thank you for coming and hope to have you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hot Springs
Dollar Inn Hot Springs
#6 of 9 in Hot Springs
Comfort Inn & Suites Custer
Holiday Inn Express Custer

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs? Share your experiences!