“Satisfactory Stay in Hot Springs, SD”

Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Hot Springs
Wichita, Kansas
“Satisfactory Stay in Hot Springs, SD”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Best Western in Hot Springs, SD. It was adequately satisfactory--neither bad nor great. The hard-boiled eggs at breakfast were either old or overcooked; I avoided them at all future hotels on our trip. I am concerned that this hotel might be in a flood zone, as the bridge over Fall River is impassable during high water.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I will use your comments for future training,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Brandon
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very Nice Hotel, altho there was alot of confusion at the front desk since the internet was down and everyone was there asking how to get on. I was very surprised to learn that there is no elevator, no wonder the second floor room is cheaper than the first floor room!! also the hallways are very dark, they need to put brighter bulbs so that one can see to put the key in their door and for safety purposes. other than that , great deal, nice place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments. I will do my best to get the hallway lights brighter. Thank you for the input.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on two different trips a year apart and both times enjoyed my stay. I think that the hotel staff are very friendly. They have made getting a room easy, which is very important because after driving for hours I do not want to be hassled with getting a room. Both rooms I have stayed in are very clean. From the first time I stayed they upgraded the televisions which I think is a cool. I was able to meet the managers both times staying at this hotel and they both made sure my stay was what I expected. The breakfast service is simple but they do have someone to help with anything needed. Which even though I don’t usually need anything it’s great to have someone there to help people that do. This hotel is a great place to stay for both price and convenience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am really happy your stay here was a pleasant one for the second time.
Cambridge, MA
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was the best of the motels I stayed at on a recent trip. My room was exceptionally clean and comfortable: bright and well-equipped. The lady at check-in was friendly and helpful. Breakfast included a generous and varied selection -- I liked the yogurt on offer along with the cereal, but here were waffles and muffins and more for those in search of something more substantial. The person tending the breakfast room was full of smiles and made sure everything was properly stocked. Like the rest of this motel, everything was spotlessly clean. I don't understand some of the negative rooms on here: I was really happy with everything and recommend this motel highly!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments. I am happy your stay here was a pleasant one. We hope to see you back again soon.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

When I arrived and wanted to check in a lady came out from the back and acted like I was a bother... After checking in I walked down the hall and noticed some rooms had no smoking signs on the door and some did not. When I opened my room it smelled incredibly stale- like someone had just smoked a carton of cigarettes in there.. I went back to the desk and asked politely if there was any way I could be changed to one of the rooms with a non smoking sign.. I was told allllllll of the rooms are non smoking. The front desk person then went in back and came out with a can of smoke eliminating spray and told me to spray it in my room.. Unbelievable. The next morning I was looking forward to a hot shower to cleanse myself of the awful smells... But I shouldn't have been surprised when there was no hot water. It was miserable and not somewhere I would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We are now a non-smoking facility. We have recently converted to a non-smoking facility. I am sorry if we were not able to relocate you to another room. Perhaps we may have been booked and therefore not able to move you rooms. I am sorry for the service you received..
Deadwood, South Dakota
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had a horrible time booking reservations at this hotel. The receptionist was unable to figure out how to book the reservation. She put me on hold and then swore at me! I should have just hung up but it was the reserved hotel for a wedding we were attending. After I finally booked the rooms, we decided 24 hours prior to the wedding to just drive home. I called to cancel and they had no record of the booking! I insisted they make sure the reservation was cancelled and they assured this was the case. Tonight I see my credit card was debited for staying there. I will be on the phone first thing to object. Don't know how the hotel actually is but their service and reliability is terrible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
I am sorry about the service. We have had several new people over the past few months. Thank you for your comments. I will use them to ensure this does not happen again.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding, this was the hotel booked by the couple for guests. The room was ok, the beds were fine, nice tv, and there was a small microwave and fridge. However, the AC didn't work well and the sink/mirror were in the room. I've stayed at other Best Westerns in the past and this one is definitely in need of an update. The bathroom was pretty run down, and the breakfast in the morning was not impressive. There were no hot options, though someone was cooking frozen sausages and dehydrated eggs on a skillet. Not very appealing. I have stayed at much nicer Best Westerns. Until this one gets an update, I'd look elsewhere. Also, the "wedding" rate was $80 + tax, which seemed high to me for what we got.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. . Our eggs are fresh eggs that are scrambled. Scrambled eggs and sausage are required at some hotels and ours is not one of them, however we do serve them on occasion to better give our guests more hot item choices. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay here.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hot Springs
Motel 6 Hot Springs
#4 of 9 in Hot Springs
Comfort Inn & Suites Custer
Holiday Inn Express Custer

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs? Share your experiences!