“Sometimes you need to believe what you read”

Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Hot Springs
Denver, Colorado
“Sometimes you need to believe what you read”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I made reservations by phone on June 22, 2012 directly to this hotel. I requested and received a fax confirmation from the same person I spoke to at the hotel. I informed him that we would be arriving late in the day. When I get to the hotel with my tired family, after checking in and going to the room, the room was not what I ordered on the phone. The older woman at the front deck, check my faxed confirmation, and stated, the room you checked into matches the room you were given. I stated, “this is not what I wanted” and I called to get what I wanted. She then proceeded to say they were “full otherwise”. She also stated that the employee who made the reservation “would be fired for the mistake”, which I doubted when she said it. A poor attempt to make me feel better. Then she did nothing to help us find another room elsewhere in town. My wife & I looked up on the map, for other places to stay. Not easy, two days before July 4. I have stayed at Best Western before and received good value for the money. This time, they caused the mistake, then did not help us to find a room elsewhere. She just stood there looking dumb and mad at us for taking her time with this problem. We found a place on our own, no thanks to her. I had read a posting on tripadvisor.com of a similar experience with the front desk help. I should have believed it.

Room Tip: Always call and get written confirmation. Have a backup plan.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Timothy N
deannaatbestwestern, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I am sorry your expectations were not met. I would like some details on your stay so that I may ensure it does not happen in the future. If you would please contact me with the details of your stay, I will gladly look into the issue and make sure future guests expectations are met. Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Let me begin by first saying that I travel a lot for business, and I go all around the country. As a result, I am prone to staying at various hotels. All of them are usually the same, get in, get out, and you are about 100 bucks down. With all this being said, let me tell you that this hotel is not just one of those places.

For this specific trip, it was not for business. I took the family down to see the sites (and trust me, there are many) for a short, 3 day vacation. Upon entering the Hot Springs area, I was a little hesitant as to which hotel I should go to. When they weren't over priced, they were low quality. When the were lacking in quality, the prices were out of budget. The prices seemed fair, and the reception was very welcoming and helpful. We went into our rooms, and it was perhaps one of the most well kept establishments I have been to yet.

In addition to all of this, the privacy was spectacular, and the breakfast in the morning was top notch. The employees catered to every small thing we wanted, and my entire family had a fantastic stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mathew N
, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back soon.
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We visit Hot Springs every couple of months. Best Western is our most favourite place to stay. We tried couple of others before, it didn't worked. Here employees are more professional, rooms are clean, excelent breakfast, best wi-fi and the pool is unbelieveable. We recomand any one to visit and stay in this fantastic place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anu B
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time in reviewing our Hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and would love to see you back again in the near future. We look forward to makeing you stay as wonderful as your first stay. Once again, thank you for your review. Have a great day.

General Manger
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The staff at the hotel were very friendly. My room was clean and neat and I really enjoyed the quality of the free breakfast the next morning.

Room Tip: The pool was very popular. I got in late and was tired, o I appreciated my room on the second floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Spencer M
deannaatbestwestern, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
We here at Best Western Sundowner Inn would like to thank you for your review of our location. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here. We would love to have you back again in the near future. Please come again soon and once again thank you for your review.

Lone Tree, Colorado
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My family always wanted to visit the Mt. Rushmore and this is the closest best hotel we found coming from Denver. This is a very clean and secure hotel with good and friendly staffs. My kids really like the swimming pool and hot tub and I liked the exercise room. One of the hotel employees made waffles for all of us, I never seen that before in any other hotels.

Room Tip: Better Wifi connections in 2nd floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Long Beach, California
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Although this little town may be your only option on a long day, keep driving! This was awful. The food in the a.m. was the best part. Other than that, it was dirty, the carpet was gross, and the room smelled like smoke. Ugh Ugh Ugh.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Hello,
I apologize for not meeting your expectations while you were staying here. Please let me know what room/ and or rooms were dirty. I would like to rectify that immediatly. I would also like to invite you back to stay here free of charge on your next visit so that our staff can exceed your expectations on a future visit. I once again offer my sincere apologies that your stay here at Best Western was not wonderful and would like to be given the oppotunity to make it wonderful on your next stay.

Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed here during a family trip to SD. The hotel is very clean! Was impressed with how clean the rooms and bathrooms were. The pool was kept clean, and the hot tub was awesome! Nice place to relax after a day of sight-seeing!
The staff was very friendly and helpful! Breakfast was great! Definitely will return when visiting the area again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey regarding our property. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western in Hot Springs. We hope that you come again soon. We would love to have you back.

Hot Springs, South Dakota
Dollar Inn Hot Springs
Dollar Inn Hot Springs
#7 of 9 in Hot Springs
Holiday Inn Express Custer

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs? Share your experiences!