“Top Notch”
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Cincinnatian Hotel
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a 4 or 5 star hotel and the Palace restaurant is first class. If you stay there be sure and also visit the corner of 12th and Vine to see a real urban rebirth. This hotel is not lke a chain hotel at all. They have a London Taxi at you command and it is 2 minute nice walk to fountain Square and a 10 minutes nice stroll to the Red's Ball Park and the Banks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was our first trip to Cincinnati. We wanted a hotel close to the Great American Ballpark and we could not have found a better hotel. We travel to different cities to catch baseball games and The Cincinnatian Hotel is probably the nicest hotel we've stayed in. The guest rooms, modern in design, were just gorgeous. The room had a 'home feel' vs. a 'hotel feel' with all of its decor. My husband especially liked the ceiling fan. However, it was the bathroom that received the most oohs and ahhs from the family. It had a huge rainfall shower (first time my kids have ever begged to take a shower on vacation), jetted tube, heated floors and huge vanity. The bathroom was almost as big as the guestroom. Oh, and it had a TV in the bathroom. The kids did not want to leave. Big bathrooms are a huge plus for us when traveling with kids!

We were only at the hotel for one night, but we did have breakfast in the restaurant. Food was delicious and service was excellent. Another feature about the hotel that I loved was the room key. It was an actual key vs. a card. It's not something you see very often and it just made the stay seem more unique.

The hotel was a perfect location for our family. We could walk to the ballpark and several restaurants and shops were located nearby. We would absoulutely stay here again if our travels bring us back to Cincinnati.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed the weekend of April 27, attending the Il Divo concert at the Horseshoe Casino.

Check-in at arrival time was simple and quick. We called earlier to coordinate dining and shuttle service. Concierge was very helpful. You receive an actual brass key when you check in, which reinforces the branding of this being a classic hotel in Cincinnati. Everything about our experience was top of the line.

Dining and cocktails at the Cricket Lounge was very enjoyable. Great Happy Hour, and live jazz band on the weekend.

Our room was exceptional! Nice dressing room attached, but separated from the bathroom. large soaking tub is hard to resist. Comfortable seating, ironing board and iron, and cookies with turn down service enhanced our stay.

My compliments to Matt! The hotel has an old English Taxi that it uses for shuttle service. Matt was fast and friendly, and offered great recommendations. I don't know how he managed to pick us up so fast after the concert.

From the front desk, bartender, concierge, bell man, valet, and everyone else. You can tell that this hotel has invested significantly in outstanding service. This is quite an accomplishment.

The hotel is close to Fountain Square, and other fine restaurants and bars.

My only minor quibble is that the mattress was a bit firm, but the pillows were so comfortable.

We stumbled upon this hotel by accident on Priceline. Of the three 4 star hotels downtown, this one was the most expensive, so I never really considered it. I was actually trying for 21c. We'll definitely make a point of coming back to this hotel, though. Each time I called the hotel I was greeted with a warm and friendly person on the other line. I've not had that experience at 21c.

I highly recommend the Cincinnatian Hotel for it's great service. They spoil you!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also ran into Il Divo in the lobby the next morning. If the hotel is good enough for Il Divo, then it must be good, right?!

Room Tip: I'm told each room is different.
1  Thank Elvin_10
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Planned a weekend getaway. the 2 day travelzoo deal i got included 100 dollars in meal credits that we used for 2 lunches and a breakfast in the hotel restaurants. Meals were huge and delicous. Restaurant staff were very attentive. After reading all the great travel tips submitted,I asked for a room on one of higher floors and a floor where no pets were allowed. That way I figured i would have some distance from the band.The travelzoo deal was for a standard king and i was prepared toask for an update but it wasnt needed. The room was HUGE! Yes we were facing the lobby area but on the 6th floor sound of the band below was just right. Great 3 piece jazz band that we listened to from our private balacony sipping toddies. The only down note was parking. Even when parking the car in a nearby public garage we made 25 bucks for the weekend which was less than half of what it costs for hotel valet parking. NOTE: On Saturday after 5Pm you can park at meters on street for free thru the next day.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank 187nellad
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I went to Cincinnati for our anniversary. We had booked the penthouse at the Garfield, checked in and checked right back out (see my review of that hotel). We Immediately called the Cincinnatian. I talked to the front desk and briefly explained what happened, the gal said that was fairly common. The Cincinnatian was wonderful, the professionalism, the atmosphere, cleanliness, just an overall great experience! I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the only very menial thing I could complain about is parking is expensive and far away. By the way...the hotel restaurant had the best flat iron steak I have ever had!

Room Tip: Our room was great 631
Reviewed April 17, 2013

If your staying in downtown Cincinnati, this hotel would be tough to beat. Awesome rooms with big windows and high ceilings and nice furnishings. This is an older hotel with a beautiful lobby and wonderful service. Very cool staircase that goes up from lobby. Gym was small but perfect for a quick workout, but again the best thing is the spacious rooms, which are above and beyond your typical chain hotel room. Caught a Reds game one night with colleagues and was close enough to walk (this would be the case with Bengals during football season as well). Good breakfast, but very pricey which was not surprising.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel is very charming...Beautifully done, just a fantastic atmosphere! Front desk personal very helpful and friendly. Our room was very clean. We had the king bed and it was so comfortable. Slept wonderful! Nice flat screen tv in room. Our bathroom was very nice, but you could tell had some age on it. It had a few cracked tiles on the floor, nothing to bad. I even took a bath in the tub, and I only ever take showers in hotel rooms. Nice bath products. We used the valet service for parking, which is a little pricey. I wish I would have gotten the valets names that were on duty both evenings that we were there. It was Sunday and Monday April 7th and 8th. They were very friendly and helpful with us, unlike the morning valets on duty on Tuesday morning who were rude and did not even offer to help with our luggage to the car, and just barely acknowledged us. Huge difference!! I loved the hotel and will be back on my next visit to Cincinnati. I also would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. It was a very pleasant and enjoyable experience.