Cincinnatian Hotel
$169
$200
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $250/night.

$129
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

$119
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$163
$153
Hilton.com
$105
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites(Cincinnati)(Great Value!)
$95
$85
$149
  • Breakfast included
$80
Orbitz.com
All reviewscricket loungepalace restauranttwo sinkshardwood floorsfountain squaremini barjacuzzi tubstreet noiseroom servicedowntown cincinnatihistorical hotellarge bathroomvalet parkingqueen roomvine streetone night stayan older hotel
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Cincinnatian sits at the corner of 6th and vine street in downtown Cincinnati - across the street from Fountain Square. I wanted to be centrally located since most of what I had to do was either in Clifton, downtown or Northern Kentucky. It was perfect! I could be anywhere I needed to be in 15 minutes or less. The rooms are elegantly appointed, the hotel has a lovely old marble staircase and big spaces where you can sit and talk with friends outside your room, if you like. They have a quaint old fashioned cab as a shuttle to take you wherever you wish to go in the downtown area - perfect for those of you heading to Cincinnati for the new casino. The staff, from the bellman, to the front desk to the housekeepers were friendly. I've eaten in the Cricket before and their happy hour specials are great - a full meal for $5. My only reason for not giving it a 5 star is the coffee service: coffee and hot water for tea are out from 5:30 - 8 during the week, and 5:30 - 9 on weekends, after that you have to ask the Cricket wait staff... I understand why there was not a coffee pot in the room (messy) but I would love then to have extended hours... and perhaps an evening service? that being said, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The Cincinnatian has a live music on the weekends - so you might want a room away from the center of the hotel if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed at The Cincinnatian as a mini-getaway for my husband's birthday and had a very good time. The hotel is very conveniently located downtown. From it, we walked to Ruths Chris for dinner and to a Cyclones game (both on the riverfront). It sits adjacent to Fountain Square and is near some of the better Downtown shopping as well.

The Cincinnatian's staff are what make the hotel great - everyone we encountered was very friendly, attentive and helpful. In fact, I was already commenting on how friendly the staff was before we even got on the elevator right after check-in!

The hotel itself is a 19th-century structure that apparently went through an unfortunate makeover in the mid-80s and still has that 80's art deco theme going on. It would be so much nicer if it still had a turn-of-the-century feel to it. Still, the rooms are very spacious and well appointed (though I felt lost without an in-room coffee maker), the bed was comfortable and everything was very clean.

We had breakfast at The Palace Restaurant because we had an included $50 food voucher with our stay (Travelzoo deal) and it was very good. However it was probably not worth the $43 tab for eggs, potatoes and coffee for 2 people.

Regardless, it was a pleasant experience to stay and eat at this privately owned, boutique hotel and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just came back from a wonderful weekend at the Cincinnatian Hotel. Staff was awesome. Housekeepers were so friendly and helpful. Beautiful hotel in great location. Cant wait to go back..Ate late snack at the Cricket Lounge...perfect. Ate Breakfast in the Palace Restaurant..awesome. ONLY downfall was no coffee pot in the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We arrived much later than expected after a drive through a winter storm, to be greeted by a very friendly registration desk clerk who had been concerned for us as we were much later than anticipated. Our room was simply lovely, quiet, beautifully appointed, with very comfortable beds and a luxurious spa-like bathroom. The thick fluffy robes were much appreciated the next morning. After a very long day my daughter and I decided on room service which was perfectly delivered, hot and fresh. Located in the centre of the city, close to Cincinnati Conservatory, which was the reason for our trip, the Cincinnatian Hotel was an oasis of calm in a busy weekend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed only one night for a business trip but I would certainly go back. It is a grand old hotel, so undoubtedly the rooms vary in size. Mine was excellent with plenty of space, nicely laid out and it had a comfortable bed. It also had a balcony into the (covered) atrium. The service was excellent although there did seem to be a bit of a line every time I went to the front desk. My only complaint, as others have mentioned, is that rooms that face the atrium suffer from noise that reverberates up the atrium. If you are a light or early sleeper, rooms not on the atrium might be a better choice.

Room Tip: rooms on the atrium can be noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business