“Spring for the better room...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Cincinnatian Hotel
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Chicago, Illinois
“Spring for the better room...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

I usually don't pay much attention to my room when I'm traveling as I tend to not spend much time there. However, for this trip, I knew I'd be in my room a lot so I paid up for the Executive Deluxe Queen. It was completely worth it. There was a tv in the bathroom which I love for getting ready. The room was well lit which is often hard to find in hotel rooms. Turn down service also included a cookie ... yum. The only suggestion I would make to the hotel is that the room would be much better with a mini fridge and coffee maker in the room. The fitness center could also use a little updating. Overall I liked the hotel but loved the room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Great bar and jazz band at The Cincinnatian -- was in town for a boring wedding and was happy to return to hotel for drinks and good music. Room was comfortable but faced lobby/courtyard, and blinds didnt work, so it was like staying in a closet. Not that there's much going on in Cincy anyway, so if you have to stay in that city, this will do just fine.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Philly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

I had been considering the Cincinnatian for for a couple recent business trips to that city, but some other consideration always won out. Then when I arrived on 9/10/11 it turned out it was the biggest wedding day ever, and my other hotel had to move me for one night.
Staff, check in, etc, was all very nice, as to be expected. I am a big fan of old, downtown, non-chain hotels and this one did it for me. In fact the lobby areas to me seemed almost too redone & modernized, but that is what people expect, I guess. The bowl of fresh fruit on the lobby table was great.
My room was a little non-spacious, as would be expected in an old building not purpose-built for today's guest. They had enlarged what the original bath must have been, to add a separate little dressing area, but then that took space from the bedroom. They also boxed in most of the original 10' high ceiling to add air handling stuff. My window looked out on the street (so I can't speak to atrium noise) so I could envision myself watching a parade & throwing out "ticker tape" although the windows no longer open, of course. I was on--I forget--4th or 5th floor, so I used the big original staircase to walk down a couple of times. The kind with heavy wooden newels & the marble stair treads worn to dips in the middles. Like an old gentleman's' club, just beautiful! So, loved the stairs, the metal room key & the big window.
On the down side, No Room Coffeemaker!! In the morning there was complementary coffee in the lobby, but I Really wanted an evening cup of tea -- but I did not want it badly enough to order room service, which was my only option. So, my personal take-away was that if room service is not in your budget, then this might not be for you. For a pampered stay, go for it!
Had Sunday breakfast at the restaurant. which was nice, and the hotel is conveniently located to most other things downtown.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

First let me say - the staff here were really nice, extremely helpful and could not have done more to make us feel welcome. I had many special requests and they came thru everytime. However, overall - the Cincinnatian is showing her age - stains on the carpet in our suite - mal-functioning shower - chipped veneer on the shelves - out of date TVs. If one was judging this hotel on it's staff alone it's 5 stars no hesitation - but on upkeep and decor, it's a 3 - and a push at that.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tvguytravels
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was my first visit to Cincinnati and I was looking for something close to the Aronoff Center. It is an older hotel but has been renovated and I really enjoyed my stay. The room was lovely and roomy, the bed very comfortable and the location excellent.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

My husband and I really liked this hotel. We hotwired it, and were quite pleased with it. The interiors of the hotel are lovely, and the hotel room we stayed in was appointed well. The bed was comfortable, and the room itself was good-sized. I liked the old keys, and had no trouble unlocking the door with it. The HBO channel had no sound, but since there's rarely anything watchable on HBO, that's a small negative. I will note, that the slats in the pocket door of the commode room were dusty, otherwise the room was well cared for.

If there was anything lacking I would have to say it was with the Doorman staff. I don't need anyone opening my door for me, and used the revolving door primarily because it's more energy efficient, however it would have been nice if the Doorman staff seemed to notice my comings and goings from the front of their establishment. Why have them around, if all they're going to do is huddle behind the cabinet chatting amongst themselves? A pleasant "Good Morning" or "Good Evening" would have been minimal, but we rarely heard it.

We did not go to either the bar or restaurant, but always saw people in them. The location was great, tons of restaurants and bars nearby around the corner at Fountain Square, and barely a block from the Convention Center. Very satisfied with our stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Everything was First Class. From the Staffs friendly service, to the High Quality room, and the food was very good as well. Location is excellant for sporting events in town, or just walking around. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends