“Amazing hotel, amazing staff, amazing service.”
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Cincinnatian Hotel
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Amazing hotel, amazing staff, amazing service.”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I love this hotel. We had a block of rooms for our out of town wedding guests here and had such an amazing experience. We also stayed here and got ready here before and after our wedding.

I cannot recommend their group sales person enough. She was so accomodating and helpful.

The rooms are top notch. The service is exceptional. The food is pretty great too! There was absolutely nothing wrong with our stay or the stay of any of our guests. This is a great "ask and you shall receive" boutique hotel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are different. The front desk staff will gladly make recommendations as to which ro...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed her with my wife and infant son over the Oktoberfest weekend. The location is great for this event as it is only a block away from Fountain Square. The lobby and public spaces are elegantly decorated and give the look of a fancy metropolitan hotel.

The room we received was small and outdated. The TV was just an older tube style and the furniture seemed old. There were two showerheads, however the spray was terrible and the placement was bad. The bed was fine, although the sheets felt like paper and the towels weren’t much better.

Unfortunately this place lost a lot of points due to the excessive noise from the bar/restaurant area. We received a room facing the hotel atrium, where the hotel bar is located. Until 2am we were constantly being woken up by the noise. Due to the Oktoberfest event the hotel was sold out so there were no other available rooms to move to.

The hotel only has valet parking for $27/night. You can easily avoid this and self park in one of the very nearby lots for $9.

Overall I felt that this hotel was a bad value and would not recommend it. I’ve stayed at other nearby hotels, The Millennium and The Westin, and they are by far superior for roughly the same price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does NOT share a wall with the atrium.
3 Thank kretzcr
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The hotel was great. A block away from downtown. The rooms were spacious and attractive. Additionally, if you are staying be sure to check out the bar/ restaurant downstairs. We had after dinner drinks and dessert. It was amazing! Delicious and a great atmosphere. Live piano played on Friday & Saturday. The front desk was also polite and very helpful!

The only drawback was that the keys were old-fashioned and I had trouble unlocking the older style hotel door. Also, if you don't want to use the valet (which is on the expensive side) you have to walk through a questionable alley.

Hermitage, PA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at the Cincinnatian for an overnight in September. We were in town for my cousin's wedding. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The service was excellent, the rooms beautiful, the bathrooms were top of the line, and the bed was very comfortable. THe front desk staff went out of their way so that we could have an early check in, which made it possible for us to change for the wedding ceremony. We enjoyed a nightcap at the hotel lounge where a jazz trio was playing. The location is perfect for walking to the many restaurants and events downtown. The only negative is the cost of parking, but that is to be expected in a downtown hotel. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Reviewed September 3, 2011

My fiancé and I wanted a nice place to stay for the weekend. We chose the cincinnatian. We stayed in the business queen room with a street view. The price was reasonable and the room was perfect. I was recently updated and exceeded our expectations. The service was fantastic -- everyone was very helpful and kind. I will be a customer for life. Every trip I take to Cincinnati I will be staying at the Cincinnatian!

• Stayed September 2011
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I've recently travelled a lot to Cincinnati for client meetings in the last couple of years, and the Cincinnatian is always my preferred choice. It has several good things: excellent location, friendly staff, decent sized rooms, good bathrooms, excellent boutique bath products, very clean, soft bedding, and the hotel bar is well stocked with excellent bourbon choices (as you would expect from a hotel so near to bourbon country). Some of the furniture is a little dinged and wearing down slightly, but as long as that it's too important to you, then it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jeremymmason
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I found a super rate for the Cincinnatian Hotel and we stayed there while attending a Reds game on a Saturday. We were greeted warmly at the desk and checked right in, even though it was only 2:30. Our room overlooked the atrium of the hotel and was quiet enough that we did not hear any of the thunder storm that happened in the middle of the night. I wish we could have dined at the Phoenix Restaurant which is on site and is top-notch. I parked in the Fountain Square garage for $15 total as valet is $28. I think that this is the best hotel in downtown Cincinnati now that I have stayed in all five of them.

Room Tip: The queen rooms with an atrium view are quiet
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family