“Lives up to prior reviews” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel Cincinnati

Millennium Hotel Cincinnati
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Vero Beach, Florida
“Lives up to prior reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

This was the only hotel with a vacancy in the downtown area for the night I needed. The location is good. The valet service was quick and friendly-coming and going, the check-in was fine. The room was a disappointment. Totally needs a face-lift. The bathroom was dingy and in need of a good scrubbing. For 250.00 couldn't they provide a robe? The beds were comfy and pillows fine. The morning I was ready to call to request my car I found the phone was dead! Unfortunately, I looked under the beds to see if there was a disconnect. Was that a mistake! I don't think it's been vacuumed since 1991...gross!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ellenmail
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the entire hotel for your experience. I appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and for your comments regarding your stay. It is through honest feedback such as yours that we can identify concerns, correct issues and continue to improve the service we provide our guests.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Jacksonville Beach, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for an easy walk from Reds' game after work event. Rooms and lobby are old and dirty. Bathroom looked like it had not been cleaned. Had to change rooms due to smell of cig smoke. Front desk service was very efficient and pleasant. Only one bartender trying to handle a sold out hotel after a baseball game. Lots of unhappy guests.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Allen S
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your comments regarding your stay. It is through honest feedback that we can continue to improve the service we provide our guests. We do hope to see you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

A staffer went off on a guest during check-in. Check-in took 45 minutes. Our room was very tiny with one full bed and no other sleeping options. Our "view" was of high-rise construction. I booked through Priceline, who told me to contact the hotel directly for a specific room choice. When I called the hotel they told me that since I booked through Priceline, there was nothing they could do about which room we got. We tried calling down to the front desk and housekeeping for several issues (needed extra pillows and towels, wanted late check-out, needed security to come up and make the loud jerks running races up and down our hallway go to bed) but neither one answered their phones. We tried calling for more than 20 minutes and it just rang. Valet parking is $27/day.

I could rant forever about this hotel, the staff and management's lack of concern for "guests", and our horrible experience. There is a reason this is the cheapest hotel in Cincinnati. I could barely stand it for just one night and considered giving up our money and driving home at 2:00am. Do yourself a favor and pay a little extra for MUCH better service almost anywhere else downtown.

Room Tip: Get in line to check in BEFORE 4pm, especially on Saturdays. I was in line at 3:55 and there were al...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jebarb08
Lovetovacat
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This hotel was good for the location - in easy walking distances to both the casino and ballpark area. I agree with other reviews that the hotel could use some updating. But it was clean, it has a restaurant and bar. Our check in was easy and quick - we got in around 6:00pm. It was worth the price that we were offered on hotwire. I wouldn't pay full price. I also would give this hotel a 3 star rating not a 3.5 star.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Had a great stay right in downtown Cincinnati. Here for a conference and everyone was extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. I hope to enjoy a stay at The Millennium Hotel again and see Connie's wonderful smile.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! Connie is one of our valued team members and we are more than happy to recognize her for providing you with a more enjoyable experience at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Akron
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This has to be the most disgusting hotel in Cincinnati. The rooms are filthy and unkept, the pool looks like it is spawning E. coli, and the service is beyond horrible. During our stay, it was impossible to get towels or washcloths, and when trying to call down to the front desk, the concierge was impossible to reach (you either get transferred or put on hold so they can avoid any possible request). The rooms are literally falling apart (bathroom tiles are coming up, the walls are a mess -- with cracks and peeling wallpaper, and the list goes on...). This place is so gross; I recommend staying here never... Also - I've never seen such small sleeping pillows on a bed (my fiancé and I were graced with two tiny throw pillows on our bed that was the size of a cot... awesome...).

4 Thank Winebiz8

Columbus, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL MANAGEMENT ever it is ridiculous and I can not believe it!! We did not even get a room for the night.

First of all, check in is at 4pm. We came around 9pm and they told us they needed more time to have our room ready which is ridiculous because it's been over 5 hours. They said to wait half an hour and that they will call us when ready.

They never called us back or picked up the phone so we went to the front desk but the line was over 15 people long! The manager SAM that told us we would be ready in 30 min said they still didn't have the room ready. Keep in mind this is past an hour. I asked him "Are we going to have a place to sleep tonight???" He said "Yes! You will."

So we went to the casino hoping for the best when we come back. We come back and our room is STILL not ready!!! As it turned out we never ever had a room available in the first place and we wasted all this time waiting for nothing. We were LIED to, even the shift manager told us!!!

It was 3am by the time we were told they had no room for us....it is difficult finding a room for 5 people during a weekend when all other hotels are fully booked. Try OVERBOOKED by TWENTY people and had to place us in some ghetto crappy hotel, at least we get reimbursement but it just ruined the whole night.

BEWARE of this hotel!! We are lucky enough that we live 2 hrs away just to dive back if things come to worse. What would happen if we wee from out of state with no place to go?!

MILLENIUM MANAGEMENT, get your sh-- together!!!!!! This is pretty embarrassing and the most sorriest excuse ever for a hotel. I would NEVER sleep there even if they paid me to!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Thank Chelle21689
Dear Chelle,

At the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati, we pride ourselves on providing the best service to all of our guests. Because of that, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies for your recent experience. Please know that our management team has responded to your concerns.
If you would like to discuss your concerns further please feel free to contact me directly at brenda.wellman@mill-usa.com