“Disappointing ”

Millennium Cincinnati
Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
“Disappointing ”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Small room, the window had a glaze over the glass and could not see outside. Later I tried to turn on the heater and the unit was broke. They "upgraded" us to another room after the heater was unusable. The front desk made our new room sound like a super room but in reality the new room that was not much larger or any better. One elevator smelled like someone just finished smoking marijuana. The lobby was decent.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael C
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Zanesville, Ohio
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Booked three rooms together and we're all on different floors. Couldn't do anything to get them together. I even called the day before and said they could not accommodate our requests. Bath tub wouldn't drain so the shower kept filling up. The only bedding was small pillows, 4 flat sheets that were toddler like plastic sheets that sounded like you were walking on a tarp when you moved and a down comforter with no layover that was dingy. Staff could not do anything to help us and just said sorry for your inconvenience. The beds felt like you were sleeping on a thick piece of cardboard. Bar area was nice. Had limit food at restaurant. Valet was expensive. $25 would not go back to this hotel ever again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, January 31, 2014

Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just got back from a planed two night trip to Cincinnati. We booked a two night stay through Priceline express deals and it was the millennium hotel. I called in advance and requested a non smoking king room and I was told that was no problem. When we arrived we were giving a double room that definitely been smoked in. The front desk manager Amanda starting talking down to me in a very rude way, so I gave it back to her until my wife told me to forget about it. Amanda should not be in the Hospitality industry. The other clerk Sam was friendly and said he could get me king room on Sunday and said the room we were getting on Saturday was one of their nicer rooms. It had rust on the bathroom tile, the wallpaper was pealing and the room reeked with smoke. The beds were very uncomfortable. I could not get to an electrical outlet to plug in my CPAP machine, so I had to go with out it and I did not sleep well. On Sunday my wife and I had enough, so we checked out a day early even though it was non refundable. The only good thing I can say about this trip is Connie the bartender was nice and remembered me from previous stays and Sam at the front desk tried to help. I do not know how this hotel rates a 3.5 stars. It is a 2.5 star at best and probably a 2. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The Hyatt across the street and others nearby are a lot nicer and only a few dollars more.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. Our staff is trained to serve our guests to the highest standards and we apologize if that is not what you experienced. Our team has responded to your feedback and we are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We had no water in our room, the whole wing was affected. The next evening at home I noticed rash from bed bugs. Never again. We stayed previously and loved it, even recommended the place to friends we brought, but it was an embarrassment.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank D H
Manager222, General Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear valued guest,

I am certainly disappointed to hear of your experiences during your most recent stay regarding both the water and concern surrounding bed bugs. We have sent you a private message to contact the hotel directly to discuss.

The hotel utilizes a canine detection service and was recently inspected with no findings so we are eager to research and resolve any issues you may have had.

Best regards,

Bill Loughran
waynesville
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Booked on Hotel.com This is in the middle of downtown and as so many thing is showing its age. The service was excellent from the Valet Parking to the front desk personnel. The rooms are dated and worn out. Our rooms toilet ran constantly, the heater was unusable and the walls had scuff marks from who knows what. The beds were uncomfortable. I paid $62.00 for the room plus taxes and that made the stay bearable. The rooms are advertised as starting at $125 and that is a total ripoff for what you get. We received a recommendation for a local restaurant, but were not informed we needed reservations or that there were several events that night downtown which would preclude our dining options. After wandering around near the hotel we found one of the recommendations for food and it turned out to be an expensive mistake. Do not take the staffs recommendations. All in all a very disappointing time in the Queen City and it will be some time before I return. Downtown is shabby all around from what I remember. Many panhandlers.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else or wait for a renovation
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring our rooms are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Please contact us directly at brenda.wellman@millenniumhotels.com with the details of your experience so we can ensure the situation is properly addressed.

Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Where do I start?... Everything is very outdated and in need of repair. Faucet doesn't work, chipped/splintering doors, lamp doesn't work, etc... The night I arrived, I valet parked my car. The next day when I went to retrieve it, the valet attendant couldn't find it. It took about 20 minutes for the gentleman to locate it. Mistake by the night staff. In fact, their whole valet service is poor. They have an old school ticket service and you have to pay each day to get your car instead of paying for the whole week. This system also forces you to go to the front desk every morning to get your ticket stamped saying that you have paid, before they will pull around your car.

This hotel offers almost no amenities. They do not have free wireless Internet like 95% of today's hotels. Instead, it is a paid service. Also, probably the nicest thing in the my hotel room is a flat screen Samsung tv. Unfortunately it falls short of its potential because the hotel has special programming on it that doesn't allow you to switch inputs. I brought a game system hoping to unwind after a long day of work and much to my dismay, it won't work because I can't change to my hdmi input.

I will say that the lobby of the hotel isn't too bad and the connected restaurant appears to be nice. I haven't had a chance to dine in just yet.

While this was by no means, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, it is definitely not too far from it. I will absolutely be looking for a different hotel during my next stay in Cincinnati.

• Stayed January 2014

Mercer County, Ohio
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Check-in was quick & painless, friendly service. Valet parking personnel was very friendly also. The room wasn't as nice as we anticipated. Beds weren't comfortable. Our remote control had dead batteries & it took almost an hour to bring us batteries. What 4-5 star hotel makes you pay for WiFi?!!! This one does! No channel guide in room, which hampered our travel plans for the next day, not being able to see the weather.
Location is great. Price, well we Pricelined it, thank goodness because I'd never pay over $100 for this place. Amenities, average.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.