“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We went for a cheer/dance competition in the duke energy center - couldn't have been more convenient!! The girl at the front (Sarah) was particularly great! Whatever we needed, she got it!! Great breakfast buffet! The head Valet guy was also VERY nice! Really enjoyed our stay!! And NO bed bugs!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Manager222, General Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bill Loughran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Positives...considerably lower price than neighboring hotels. Good location for downtown activities.

Negatives...room was no frills, poorly laid out and fairly uncomfortable. The elevator situation in the north tower was less than desirable and the parking situation was equally limited. It was a busy weekend for the hotel and we were put into a handicap accessible room with no warning.

guess the saying you get what you pay for was very true.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and providing the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Our team has responded to your feedback and is always looking for ways to improve our service. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Pearl River, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed here at the end of October for 3 nights for the annual football trip with the "Boys!" weekend. This year we picked Cincy. The Millennium is in downtown and near the bars and restaurants. The staff upon arrival was very friendly and helpful. They checked us in (and I might add we had a few in us already and tolerated our nonsense great) They directed us to wher the bars and restaurants were and gave us a map to see where to go. The rooms were very nice and were always made up by the time we got back in. The bar and restaurant downstairs is nice and the cost is very reasonable. The only reason it did not get excellent was because of the construction that started at 7am on Monday morning. Definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Ohio
Reviewed November 12, 2013

First, the positives--Good location in Cincinnati, comfortable beds, reasonably clean room and bathroom, nice front desk staff.

Now, the bad--During the 18 hours I stayed at the hotel, I think only 2 or 3 of the four elevators were working in the North Tower. And those that did work made a weird creaking sound as they got to your floor.

I had to wait for an elevator after check-in (maybe 5-10 minutes). And every elevator that finally got to the lobby was packed full of people. I should've remembered this the next morning as I was trying to leave the hotel.

I had a room on the 14th floor, and I saw a group of 6 or 7 people waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Any elevator that actually got to our floor and opened its doors was jammed full of people and luggage. There would've been no way to squeeze into one of those. I saw 2 people give up and take the stairs.

After more waiting, I decided to follow them. Wrong move. I used Stairwell A. If you need to take the stairs down to the lobby or to the street (unless it's an emergency), DO NOT use this stairwell. Because there's no access to the lobby or the street (unless it's an emergency). There's also not a single sign alerting you to this as you're walking down 14 flights of stairs (with luggage). After you pass Floor 4 and get to 3, you see a sign on the door that it's for employees only. But there's no sign that Floor 2 is also for employees only (both Floors 3 and 4 have a code on the doorknob so you couldn't use it in an emergency). But then there are signs painted on the wall directing you to street access. At this point, I couldn't have cared less if I didn't leave the hotel through the lobby. I just wanted OUT. Unfortunately, the hotel decided not to add the information that the street access was for emergencies only and that an alarm would sound if you used the door. You only learn this after getting to the bottom floor, walking through a creepy little dark hallway, and read the "Alarm" sign on the door to the street. I can only imagine the number of times that Cincinnati police have had to respond to those alarm calls because exasperated hotel guests just want OUT.

But I turned around (with my bags) and now had to climb up 4 flights of steps to get OUT. As I started climbing, I heard others walking down the steps. I yelled up to them to not go past the 4th floor because there was no way out after that. Once I got to the 4th floor, I still had to wait for an elevator to take me down to the lobby. I'm sure you can imagine my feelings at that point.

And even with all of that, I still got down to the lobby before the group of women did who were also waiting for the elevator on the 14th floor.

Would I stay here again? Nope. I'd stay across the street at the Hyatt or a block down at the Hilton. Personally, I'll probably go to the Westin on Fountain Square. Almost anyplace but here. If it weren't for the elevator and Stairwell A fiasco, I'd say that if you get a good deal, this is a decent hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Bill Loughran

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Carbon, Indiana
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I used priceline and got this hotel for $60.00 total. I have stayed here before and the location is great just a few blocks from fountain square. The hotel is huge but very empty, my biggest issue was during the night while I was sleeping a chunk of the ceiling (plaster) fell and not a small piece roughly a foot in diameter and fell into my bags and on my clothes. Not very pleased will probably spend a little extra and stay someplace a little nicer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Gahanna, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I paid $50 a night through priceline. My grandma and I were staying at the hotel because my mom was down at UC Med Center having surgery.
This hotel is HUGE! It was very cool when we walked in. We were told they have 800 rooms. 2 out of 4 elevators were working, but we didn't have to wait long. It might be worse during the weekend when the hotel is busier.
We valet parked for $25 each night. 1st night because traffic was HORRIBLE! and I didn't want to drive anymore. 2nd night because I didn't want to walk through downtown Cincinnati alone at night. So that bumped us up to $75 a night, still not a bad deal.
The hotel is dated, there were some smudges on the wallpaper, a couple of rust stains on the floor, etc.
The only other thing that completely scared the crap out of me was that I was looking out the window and found a bug in the curtains. I freaked out and assumed the worst, but we quickly figured out it was a ladybug (OK, I can handle that). We actually found two more on the ceiling. I called the front desk and asked for more pillows and told them about the lady bugs. They offered to move us to another room, but we decided we really didn't care, so it was fine.The housekeeping guy came in and gave us extra pillows, then got rid of the lady bugs. We did find a couple more the next day, but they really didn't bother us. We were on floor 14 of 32, so I was wondering how they got there...

We went down to the restaurant the first night and had a reuben, a cheeseburger, mac n cheese side dish, and two cokes. The food was delicious, and we spent about $30 including tip. A little pricey, but acceptable for the convenience of not leaving the hotel.

Overall I was pleased with the hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was very clean. They don't have bedspreads like a lot of hotels, so I wasn't worried about whether the thing had been washed recently. The iron, ironing board, and hair dryer worked perfectly. The TV was good, channels were OK. The bed was firm but comfortable. I do recommend asking for extra pillows. The pillows they gave us were tiny.

I was not happy about the fact that they were trying to charge me $8 to use their wireless internet for 24 hours. I just used the internet at the hospital. What hotel charges for internet access anymore? Weird.

Other than those few things I was very happy. I would go there again if I wanted to be in down town Cincinnati (for a Bengals or Reds game especially).

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter, except if there are helicopters flying around. Lower levels would be fast...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your taking time to provide us with your feedback. We take your concerns seriously and will address them with our staff in an effort to improve our service.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This place is a joke!!! Their pillows look like something a dog would sleep on. The bed is sitting on wood with a cheep mattress that does not even have a fitted sheet on it!! The room is so outdated and dirty. A coat of paint would help this place some!! Makes me sick that I wasted my hard working money to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring our rooms are cleaned to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Please contact us directly at brenda.wellman@millenniumhotels.com with the details of your experience so we can ensure the situation is properly addressed.