“Clean, Comfortable, No Bugs”

Millennium Cincinnati
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
New Albany, Indiana
“Clean, Comfortable, No Bugs”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at the Millennium/Cincinnati on 9/28-9/29. Check in was quick, took 6 min. We didn't use their parking. We parked down the street for 8 dollars instead or the 25. We requested a room on the top floor to avoid city noise. Our room was in need of some updates, TV, carpets, etc, but were CLEAN. The beds were made, the pillows fluffy and they were COMFORTABLE. We read the reviews and were concerned about bugs or bedbugs. I checked the entire room, under the bed, carpets, walls and bathroom and found NO BUGS or traces of them. From what I understand the hotel is going through some renovations and so I say give them a chance as all hotels go through this to update at some point and time. I will stay again. I hope this helps those who read this.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quite, as Cincinnati hosts a lot of events downtown.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager222, General Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bill Loughran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Saint Louis
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Millennium Cincinnati is a good hotel for the business traveler, especially with an expense account. The location is right in the downtown area near the conference center, sports stadium, downtown shopping and entertainment. The Junior Suite had a large living room area with sleeper sofa, work area, mini fridge, flat screen TV, 2 phones. The bedroom was equipped with flat screen TV, king bed. phone. Ample closet space in each room, as well as two full bathrooms.

The negatives are parking (valet parking only, $25.00/night), Internet access ($7.95/24 hour period, and very poor signal). The rooms could use a good refurbishing. The front desk service was good, although could be better staffed during "rush hours" (mornings when most people are trying to check out). The worst was the valet parking. The entryway is very small and very poorly managed. With people just driving up, parking and trying to get their baggage out of their cars, it was always jammed with people and the head valet was extremely rude to his customers. Self parking is available, but it is at a public parking garage, about 2 blocks away from the hotel.

I was there for a meeting, and the ballrooms were very nice and the staff was very friendly. However, the hotel is made up of two towers. My group had a hospitality room set up in the south tower, but my suite was on the 24th floor of the north tower. Every time I wanted to get to the hospitality room, I had to go all the way down to the lobby, cross the building to the south elevators then back up to the hospitality room floor. There were only 3 elevators for each tower, and on Saturday night trying to get on an elevator was horrible. they were constantly filled with people from lower floors an I had to wait almost half an hour to get on one.

If my group has their event there again, I am not sure if I would stay there, or try finding a nearby hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and providing the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Our team has responded to your feedback and is always looking for ways to improve our service. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Boston
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Forewarned is forearmed and I had read all these reviews, so I requested North Tower, and checked for bugs....It wasn't QUITE as bad as I had feared, but I wouldn't go here again. The staff were friendly and helpful, I did not see any bugs, the mattresses were comfortable. and the conference I attended here was well-accommodated. That said.....the place smells damp, the rooms are not clean, the carpets are stained, the 2 double bed are VERY small doubles, the elevators rattle unreassuringly, and the entire place needs a massive overhaul and update. The sliding closet door was broken, and my friend had no towels in her room. I had only 1 coffee cup and the pillows are little and not enough. There is massive construction going on so get the highest room possible as it is noisy. The rooms are not quiet even without construction - I asked for a quiet room and somehow ended up opposite the ice machine and the elevators. Overall it is depressing and although the location is good there are plenty other options nearby. I suppose if you get a really good deal on the price you might like it but why else anyone would go here I am not sure. And I hope the management doesn't respond with their standard "thank you for helping us to make things better" reply, as they clearly are not.

Room Tip: Go as high up as possible to avoid construction, and get the North Tower.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travelwriterBoston
Manager222, General Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for comments. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Please contact us directly at brenda.wellman@millenniumhotels.com with the details of your experience so we can ensure the situation is properly addressed.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Millennium is a huge hotel with hundreds of rooms. You would think there would be more than 1 person working at the front desk to assist people. Unfortunately there's not, so checking in/out was a huge hassle!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. Our staff is trained to serve our guests to the highest standards and we apologize if that is not what you experienced. Our team has responded to your feedback and we are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Clearwater
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hotel rooms are very old and not maintained. The green decorative pillow on the bed had white stains all over (not bleach). The room had an old tube T.V. that only received a few channels. I asked for tooth paste and a fridge, which they brought to my room immediatly. However, the fridge was extremely loud with multiple dents. I will never stay at The Millennium in Cincinnati ever again.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jason J
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The staff were quick and efficient when our group was checking in. They were also considerate enough to group our rooms all together on the same floor. The rooms were big enough for what we needed, and clean, but they are certainly outdated. They need some attention in peeling wall paper...cracked bathroom tiles...no bar soap in the bathroom upon arrival, and one bath towel, for two guests. The bistro was extremely pricey so we found food in other locations for breakfast, and glad we did for the pricing and service we received. The pool on the fourth floor was very nice and well maintained, and we did take advantage of that as a group. The location to downtown and the ballpark (which was our reason for being in Cincinnati) couldn't have been better. If your looking for a clean place to lay your head and don't need all the frills, then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Fourth floor is where the pool is, and we had our rooms on the fourth so obviously we found that to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tsbond
Dear valued Guest,

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I got this hotel on hotwire for over 1/2 off what is showing on the Millennium website. I would now rate this hotel 2.5 stars and wouldn't pay more $60. I've never stayed anywhere that made me realize that finishing touches matter. The room seemed clean, but the old, dusty, stained, peeling, cobwebs on floors/ceilings/walls made it dingy. Only thing going for this place was the outdoor pool (which was still open during my visit at the end of September) and location. Definitely in walking distance to the Reds and Bengals stadiums. 5 minute drive to the Horseshoe Casino or across the border to Kentucky. Great water pressure in the shower, a/c worked poorly, a little skimpy on the towels, pillows and bathroom amenities. The hotel supplies 24 hour valet parking for $24/day BUT kiddie corner from the hotel on 6th is a parking garage whose parking rates range between $2 for an hour up to a max of $8 for a 24 hour period. Definitely a savings over the hotel valet. Employees were nice, we checked in around 430p and there was no line either. 12 o'clock check out was nice as well.

Room Tip: Use the parking garage on 6th.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple