“This hotel is about location, not the quality of service.”

Millennium Cincinnati
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
“This hotel is about location, not the quality of service.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night, and while the hotel was acceptable I don't feel it's worth what they charge. You are paying for location, not the quality of service. Elevator could be heard while in the bathroom. Construction right next to this hotel with workers beginning work at 6 AM, which woke me up. Sheets had holes in them, they were clean so I know the staff had to know the hole was in the sheet, another way to save money I guess? Does not have flat screen TV's. This may seem a bit petty, but when you pay almost $200 a night I expect above average accommodations sadly this establish appears to be about $$$$ only and not the facility they are trying to sell.
I'll not go back as I expect more for my money. It is clean and conveniently located.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank GaryS59
Manager222, General Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Gary,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Bill Loughran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had used Priceline and ended up with this hotel for a really great price. After reading many of the reviews, I was VERY concerned with what we would be getting ourself into with staying at this hotel. Ok I will agree that it is outdated but some of these reviews make it sound awful, which I didn't think was correct. The valet parking was quick and easy, when walking in I was worried because lobby was full and seen complaints about how long check-in took. Again did not have an issue, was checked-in within 10min, thinking to myself this isn't bad. Got the hotel room number which was 725 in the south tower, which sent my mind racing again because other reviews stated to request the north tower, but when we got to our room I was pleased. Yes the room in small. Everything was in working order, we had a nice flat screen TV in our room, unlike some of the reviews that stated the TV's were old. There were no stains that I could find, the bed was clean and nicely made, no dust on the lights, overall I was very satisfied with the room based on the price that I paid. Some of the pics that I saw in the reviews were nothing like the room we had, maybe all the rooms are not like ours and we got lucky but overall very satisfied. Priceline is the way to go in my option, 70.00 a night vs 200.00 ! If I paid 200 I think I would have been disappointed but with Priceline's price I was Very happy with this hotel.

1 Thank Tara G
Dear Tara,

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ohio
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The staff was great. They hotel, south tower, is in desperate need of updates. For $200 a night, the floors were stained, the ottoman was dirty, the pillows were small. The bathroom was clean but sooo dated. We recently stayed at the hilton on business, and it was lovely. Unfortunately, it was full this weekend. Your are paying for location only!

Bill Loughran

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband booked this hotel so I didn't have any expectations for it to be good or bad. The lobby greeted me with a dingy musky smell immediately. After waiting in line for 30 minutes to check in, the clerk told us we could not switch our room away from the elevator because they were sold out for the night, and it was only 4pm. I feel as if though he could have made it happen but just chose not to. We were then directed to a parking ramp that's kitty corner from the hotel. It's 8$ per 24 hours, which surprised me. I was also surprised to find a pile of human poop in the stairway. The hotel is large, and busy. It was a race to fit into the elevators. Our room was about 4 feet from the elevator and 2 feet from the ice machine. And every time someone used the ice machine, I could hear and actually woke me up. And after I Was disappointed in the least quiet location of the hotel, I stepped into that room. Dingy is a good word, the carpets were stained, marks on the walls and a small bathroom. The shower was borderline gross with discoloration and I chose to shower in my flip flops that day. The bed was of average comfort, nothing special. Our room overlooked an outdoor pool that seems to host parties daily. It quieted down by 6 but if you're looking for a quiet room during the day, this room wouldn't have been it. I was glad to get out of this hotel and that parking ramp, which btw, the attendant tried to overcharge us, pay attention to your entry time. You could tell by his response when we corrected him that he had been caught. The location is great for walking around town, especially the Reds and Browns stadium. This being said, we paid $70 a night to stay here from Priceline. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. Although our rooms are cleaned to the highest standards, there are instances where a space may need some extra attention. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Grove City, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We read the reviews before booking. I think for an old downtown hotel this was worth what we paid for the area on a game day. The rooms are small but we were only there for the night. Marty was the bartender at the pool bar. We met some folks from out state in the lobby and seen a bengals player, and we seen Richard Kiel checking out while we were checking in. Gary the bell hop was helpful and all the employees were nice. We missed the crowd on check in by checking in early around 1:30. We were able to see a few steelers that stayed at the hyatt.

Room Tip: Our room was right off the elevator and directly in front of the pool.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The outside of the hotel is dingy. The lobby is shabby and old. The rooms are fairly small. Bathroom was tiny. Not what I had in mind when I saw the shimmering photos on the website. Should've checked Trip Advisor first!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Susan,

Bardstown, Kentucky
Reviewed September 16, 2013

the staff is absolutely the reason for the high rating.

check in was fast & easy. we were originally sent to a double room when we had requested a king & the problem was addressed & corrected QUICKLY. we did not even have to go back down, they sent a doorman up with new keys immediately. our second room was not quite as nice as the first one, but alas, we are use to having a king bed so we stuck with the switch. we were also near the elevator & it was quite loud with lots of ppl having fun on a saturday night. next time i would def request the end of the hall to avoid the drunken ruckus that went along with the elevator location.

i agree with most of the other reviews, the tv was old and the room was on the smaller side (unless you're staying long term i'm not sure why either of these things are a huge issue?). but the room was clean & the bed was super comfy. thank god because i came down with horrible food poisoning while we were there. that is where the awesome staff comes in. we were there for a wedding that my husband was in & i got so sick i was unable to attend. with nowhere else to go, we decided we'd pay for another night if we had to just to be able stay later in the afternoon so that we could head home immediately after the ceremony, without him having to miss being in the wedding.

the staff was super accommodating & let us stay longer without any additional charge. i could not believe it. to me, this is extreme customer service & i am so thankful i can hardly find the words.

we were able to book our room through priceline for about 60 bucks. it was worth so much more than that! we felt like we got a great deal, but if you're expecting 5 star, then you need to stay at a 5 star place. for a nice, reasonable place to stay downtown with quick & easy access to the square, the millennium was perfect.

Room Tip: avoid rooms near the elevator
Dear Kara,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thank you for your comments regarding our valued team members. We are more than happy to recognize them for providing you with a more enjoyable experience at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati.