“Pleasant stay”

Millennium Cincinnati
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Worried a bit after seeing some reviews....our company put us up here for a recent conference....walkway connects directly to conference center so that was wonderfully convenient......Was also close to corner drug stores (cvs, Walgreens), Starbucks, eateries, and Fountain Square where many eateries are located....we were able to walk to everything we wanted to see and do....the room we had was average size and decently clean.....the bedding was new I believe, as it was very comfortable...it was quiet in our room (we did not face the street) and we were able to control the a/c to cool as we wanted....the only issues we encountered was that even though it was obvious to housekeeping that there were two people in our double room, we were continually left with one bath towel and one wash rag....we seemed to catch them in the halls in the evening and get an extra of each...although she seemed reluctant to give us another.....other than that, the staff was very friendly and most helpful.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager222, General Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

General Manger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,751)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Bottom line - if you pay full price or anything close to it, you will be very disappointed. Get one of the many deals that are out there for this hotel, & have realistic expectations, and you will be fine. I paid $55/night through priceline. A family member paid $50 for their room.

As previous reviewers have mentioned, the rooms do smell like air freshener and some things are a bit rough around the edges. However the staff is very accomodating and friendly and the location is excellent (I laughed when i read one review that said the location is not as good as the Hilton which is 1/2 block away). As for the small rooms, this is just a reality of downtown hotels. We stayed in the Hilton a few years ago which is an older building and the rooms were even smaller. If you want a big room, go stay in a Marriott in the suburbs.

The parking lot was full both days we were there which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The valet directed us to a parking garage that was right across the street from the back entrance to the hotel which was $8/night as opposed to the $25/night at the hotel.

Overall, it worked for us. We got a great price for a downtown hotel. Is it overrated on most travel sites, yes. But it is not as much of a train wreck as some people would lead you to believe.

Room Tip: North tower seems to have the best rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MrClarasDad

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I booked this hotel from hotwire and when I found out which hotel I was booked in I checked the reviews on here. Needless to say, I was worried, and thought..."What have I gotten myself into?" I even called Hotwire to see what information they had. The man told me that the Hotwire staff had recently inspected the hotel (June 29) and based its reviews from that. I felt a little more at ease but still not convinced.

When we arrived parking was a mess. I pulled in front of the hotel and was in line for valet parking and did not know it. I was ok with that because I had no idea of where to park anyway. Valet parking is an extra 25 bucks. I went to check in and the line was backed up just as I had read about in previous reviews and I was getting worried again. However, the line moved quickly and we were up to our room. I opened the door and we found a king bed with no pull out sofa or anything. The room looked as though it was been recently renovated. I called the front desk and spoke with someone and explained that we were to have a room that would sleep 4 people. No problem. The gentleman at the front desk fixed the issue and we were switched to another room.. When we went into the second room we found two beds and a nice big newer flat screen television. This rom was nicer than the previous one. Everything worked out great. We were in walking distance to Great American Ball Park. I would stay here again without worries and recommend it to others. The location is perfect for baseball and football games to just walk and avoid the parking nightmares before sporting events!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 23, 2013

A business colleague and I just stayed at the Millennium in Cincinnati, Ohio from July 16, 2013 through July 18, 2013. It was during the 26th D.A.R.E. International Training Conference. We were looking for a hotel within walking distance to our customer and local restaurants. Although, we did not have time to read the previous reviews and we learned that this was a huge mistake on our part. At least we have something to talk about for the next millennium.

First, as you enter the hotel you will quickly notice a foul, musty odor that engulfs their entire lobby. You really cannot escape this odor. As a result, I noticed that my allergies started to kick into overdrive while I was checking into the hotel. Sadly, I was not able to locate the source of the smell but it is typically a result of mold and mildew.

Next, the elevator’s keypad is a total outdated fiasco for the hotel guests. It has 4 digits across and just about every person that I encountered had to search for their floor. The four elevators that I used were tall but not very wide.

By the time I made it to my hotel room I was bracing myself for the next bombshell. Of course, I was not disappointed in the shock factor. As I was taking my shoes off next to the bed, I looked down and noticed a cigarette lighter sticking out from the bed’s dust ruffle. As I was pulling back the dust ruffle, I noticed a receipt belonging to an individual from Ames, Iowa.

The next morning for breakfast we decided to eat at the hotel’s Bistro on Elm. We were stunned to learn that the same breakfast buffet, that most other hotel chains offer for free, was at a cost of $14.95 plus tax. Honestly, it was the same greasy bacon, greasy sausage, and bland eggs at this outrageous price. I would suggest giving the other restaurants in the area a chance before visiting their onsite restaurant. Maybe even walk across the street to the Hyatt Regency or walk over to the Starbucks right down from the hotel on Walnut Street.

The following evening, I noticed that no closed captions (CC) were available for my TV. I pushed the CC on the remote and it would only bring up the TV channel. As a member of Kentucky Association of the Deaf (KAD), I know that the TV has to have CC to be Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant. So, I contacted their maintenance via the front desk and he tried to resolve the issue by using different remotes with no success; still no CC on the TV. He said, “Feel free to turn up the volume as high was you want because the room next to you in vacant. I know because I am working on that room.” He was unaware that my business colleague had the room right next to mine.

At this point, I was frustrated because I shouldn't have to beg for accessibility! Bottom line, based on his response, I would suggest that the staff of the Millennium needs to go through ADA/Diversity Training in regards to disability awareness. Simply advising someone that is deaf or hard of hearing to turn up the volume doesn't comply with the law. Besides, if turning up the volume was the solution for those like me that are deaf or hard of hearing then we wouldn't need closed captions.

By now you should have some sense of the disarray about the establishment. So, I will bulletize more key issues:

*Asking to see another room is pointless because they all have issues; as in smells, stains, etc.
*The carpet in the rooms and hallways are outdated and severely stained with hideous marks at every point.
*Found long hairs in mattress when pulling back mattress cover.
*Several stains on bedding.
*The bath tub would not drain while I was taking a shower.
*I would not suggest taking a shower and walking on the carpet with damp feet because they will end up soiled and downright disgusting; so wear sandals.
*The wallpaper is peeling off the walls, and the ceiling has water stains which were painted over.
*Black mold and dirt on window seals and vents.
*Bring allergy medication to ward off feeling sick like I did when waking up in the morning.
*There is a charge of $7.99 to use their WiFi service per day.
*Business center is 20¢ a minute for their internet usage.
*Printing in their business center is 10¢ per page.
*Breakfast Buffet is $14.95
*À la carte breakfast options available at a charge
*There is no refrigerator or microwave in the room.
*Due to the lack of valets, the parking situation is overwhelmed around 5 PM – 7 PM. So, plan ahead if you have an appointment.
*Location is okay, just as long as you escape the area close to the hotel because the homeless in the downtown area appear to be drawn to the entrances of this hotel.

Finally, simply responding with the same redundant response to complaints doesn't resolve Millennium Cincinnati’s current state of affairs. An apology is not worth a grain of salt if you fail to enact upon your words. Until they realize this, they will continue to push customers towards their competitors.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Travelingdude

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring our rooms are cleaned to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Please contact us directly at brenda.wellman@millenniumhotels.com with the details of your experience so we can ensure the situation is properly addressed.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I took an overnight trip to the millenium hotel over the weekend through Priceline.com. Ended up naming our own price an getting a room for 63 bucks! The overall experience was fine. You can tell that this hotel was a gem in its prime but you can also tell that was 20 years ago. The bed was very comfortable and clean but the room was very dated and some of the less noticeable parts (the vents, the towel bars, the wall paper) were dirty and some were broken). Definitely worth 62 bucks for the location but wouldn't pay more than that.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Very clean room and up to date modern fixtures new bed and tv overall great value. The customer service staff were nice people and very helpful. I would stay here again. Downtown and close to the stadium, within walking distance

Dear David,

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I book this hotel through Priceline after naming my price. After I found out what hotel it was, I was a little worried after reading the reviews. We arrive and check-in was easy. The front desk staff was very nice. We go to our room and its not too bad. There was a little rust around the drain in the tub and a spot of something on the bathroom door. We leave to go to dinner and for a walk and return to our room. We lay down and after a few minutes my husband jobs out of bed and turns on the light and there is a HUGE bed bug right where he was laying. I caught it In a cup and we packed up our stuff and returned to the front desk with the bug in hand. I put it on the counter and said we are leaving. There are bedbugs in our room! The woman at the front desk didn't seemed surprised by it. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Now it's after midnight and we had a difficult time finding a hotel in the area because of a MLB game. I just hope that nothing crawled in our bags while we were out.