“BYOL”

Millennium Cincinnati
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel is average and very dated. The restaurant is good and reasonably priced. The two things that turned me off were the Business Center and the Guest Laundry; you had to pay to use the Internet in the Business Center. They say you can print your boarding pass for free (everything else is $.50/page) but until I fed the machine $1 it wouldn't even go to the airline's website. Then I drug my laundry bag to the guest laundry. All the machines were available (yay!) and I looked around for a machine to buy laundry detergent. There was none. I went to the front desk where I was told I could buy laundry detergent at Walgreens down the street!! Really??? I said I looked there and all they have are full size bottles. "Sorry", said the front desk clerk. To his credit he did call the Hyatt across the street to see if they had any in their gift shop (they didn't). No wonder the machines looked new...they've never been used! Oh yeah, they cleaned the carpet in my room with a lint roller!! I was here for a conference and had a choice between the Millennium and the Hyatt. If I have that choice again, I will choose the Hyatt.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager222, General Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

General Manger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,729)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

By the time you read this review, I'm probably thanking God for getting me home to a hot bath. I am sitting in the lobby because internet service is not free in the room. The carpet in the lobby, hallways and room is VERY SOILED. A party was being held in two rooms on the 21st floor where reports of Marijuana usage was smelled. After reporting it, NO ONE CAME!!!! Later on that night....The FIGHT broke out and NO ONE CAME!!! My family and I are here on a 2013 D.A.R.E International Conference and our stay has been very disappointing. We walked across the street at the Hyatt and cried because we had to come back. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, take it from a Police officer... DO NOT STAY HERE! The Hyatt is a few pennies more.

1  Thank Blake C

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring our common areas and amenities are cleaned to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Please contact us directly at brenda.wellman@millenniumhotels.com with the details of your experience so we can ensure the situation is properly addressed.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

When we arrived at this hotel, rather than the two double rooms we had book, we were offered two rooms with one double each. The clerk made a half-hearted claim this was their standard double accommodation, but backed down as soon as I showed her a picture on my iPhone of their web page. She expressed sympathy for my "confusion." But since they were fully booked, she would only suggest that I sleep two to a bed in the rooms provided, and talk to a manager in the morning. She also suggested I not book through third party sites in the future.

From the curbside to the front desk, the customer service level was what you would expect in an airport bar or an average fast food place. The staff gave minimum assistance, in a somewhat patronizing and institutional kind of way, but was uniformly determined not to go out of their way. Part of the problem might have been that there was a "tattoo convention" in the hotel over the weekend. The staff must have been exhausted from the frat house vibe that had descended. But all we wanted was some sleep. We ended up checking into a competitor across the street, at a similar rate, and having an amazing stay. In the end, it was a bit of a relief that the Millennium hadn't had our rooms.

The entire vibe of this hotel is tired and faded. The carpets and staff alike have seen better days. And now they're going through the motions, as if waiting for a bankruptcy or a sale. I realized I was not booking at a five-star hotel. But my entire experience here was existentially disheartening and depressing, everything people come to dread about business travel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 16, 2013

wow, where do I start.

I checked in a little late and had a long flight. The last thing i wanted was not being able to get into my room. The room key was dirty because apparently it has been held by too many hands and it had stains all over it. Okay whatever it's just a card key. I couldn't wait to get into my room and just go to sleep. I inserted my key and tried to open it. It opened a crack. A CRACK!! I thought i had the wrong room so i double checked my card key number and my room number. To my dismay, it is my room. I tried again and again. Had to put down my purse, food, and my luggaged trying to get into my hotel room which costs $160+ a night. I felt like I was trying to rob someone! After 5 mins or so I finally got in. Everything was mediocre. Hate the bathroom. Didn't even have complementary water or internet. I had to pay $8 for internet but at least that was pretty easy to get, although they REALLY should get some new phones. I swear those phones are from the 60's or something. I am not sure how old they really are but goddamn get some new phones!!! PLEASE get some new curtains while you're at it. Oh, and the pool SUCKED!!!! This is probably one of the worst hotel experience i've ever had.

Before you book here, you're probably better off staying at an INN and save your money for something worthwhile.

Room Tip: DO NOT book here unless you really like to throw away your money.
2  Thank Para P

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Upon reading some of the reviews here I was a little hesitant to stay but the price is great. Well, we ending up having a great stay. We arrived before check in but thought it would not hurt to ask if a room was available. The very helpful lady at the front desk checked and found us one. I tried to give her a couple bucks for her help but she would not take it. Said she was just doing her job. Our room was clean and the bed comfortable. Yes it is dated (old box tv and an alarm clock from the 80's) but everything worked. For the price, I recommend this hotel. We did not use the pool but it looked nice and they have a bar out there. It is small so get there early to get a chair.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I got a Priceline deal so the hotel was $54 per night. Regular rate is $179 or higher. $54 is about what the rate should be for the value. I was fine with the tiny room and the bed was comfortable. But the lack of updates and care of the building was an issue. Cracks in the toilet basin, a tub drain that didn't work, chipped tiles in the bathroom, water stains on wallpaper, pulled up and raveled edges of carpeting. Funky smell when you walk into the lobby, different bad odor in elevator and a 3rd strange smell in the hallways. Walls are crazy thin - noise from hallways as well as the outdoor noise was an issue (on 17th floor and police sirens sounded like they were outside the window). Food in the restaurant was ok - soups were good but appetizers were mediocre. Not impressed with housekeeping. Smudges from hands/fingers/faces of previous guests on the windows, toilet and tub not well cleaned when our room was cleaned during our stay. I did not feel comfortable or safe in the hotel. Again - it's worth it for $54 a night but make sure you are expecting a $54 per night hotel. If you go in expecting a value of $179 per night, you will be sorely disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz C

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and ensuring our rooms are cleaned to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Our team has responded to your feedback in an effort to fix all issues. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I travelled to Cincinnatti for a short weekend getaway. The hotel has a great location but it's old and dirty. This hotel needs some serious upgrades. The carpet and bathrooms are very dated. The parking lot was full the entire weekend and we had to park our car in a nasty and stinky garage far away from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Achap77236

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring our common areas and amenities are cleaned to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Our team has responded to your feedback and we are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.