“It made it to the bottom of the bottom list” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Cincinnati

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Millennium Cincinnati
Ranked #36 of 47 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio
“It made it to the bottom of the bottom list”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

wow, where do I start.

I checked in a little late and had a long flight. The last thing i wanted was not being able to get into my room. The room key was dirty because apparently it has been held by too many hands and it had stains all over it. Okay whatever it's just a card key. I couldn't wait to get into my room and just go to sleep. I inserted my key and tried to open it. It opened a crack. A CRACK!! I thought i had the wrong room so i double checked my card key number and my room number. To my dismay, it is my room. I tried again and again. Had to put down my purse, food, and my luggaged trying to get into my hotel room which costs $160+ a night. I felt like I was trying to rob someone! After 5 mins or so I finally got in. Everything was mediocre. Hate the bathroom. Didn't even have complementary water or internet. I had to pay $8 for internet but at least that was pretty easy to get, although they REALLY should get some new phones. I swear those phones are from the 60's or something. I am not sure how old they really are but goddamn get some new phones!!! PLEASE get some new curtains while you're at it. Oh, and the pool SUCKED!!!! This is probably one of the worst hotel experience i've ever had.

Before you book here, you're probably better off staying at an INN and save your money for something worthwhile.

Room Tip: DO NOT book here unless you really like to throw away your money.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Para P
Manager222, General Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
CINCINNATI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Upon reading some of the reviews here I was a little hesitant to stay but the price is great. Well, we ending up having a great stay. We arrived before check in but thought it would not hurt to ask if a room was available. The very helpful lady at the front desk checked and found us one. I tried to give her a couple bucks for her help but she would not take it. Said she was just doing her job. Our room was clean and the bed comfortable. Yes it is dated (old box tv and an alarm clock from the 80's) but everything worked. For the price, I recommend this hotel. We did not use the pool but it looked nice and they have a bar out there. It is small so get there early to get a chair.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fishers, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I got a Priceline deal so the hotel was $54 per night. Regular rate is $179 or higher. $54 is about what the rate should be for the value. I was fine with the tiny room and the bed was comfortable. But the lack of updates and care of the building was an issue. Cracks in the toilet basin, a tub drain that didn't work, chipped tiles in the bathroom, water stains on wallpaper, pulled up and raveled edges of carpeting. Funky smell when you walk into the lobby, different bad odor in elevator and a 3rd strange smell in the hallways. Walls are crazy thin - noise from hallways as well as the outdoor noise was an issue (on 17th floor and police sirens sounded like they were outside the window). Food in the restaurant was ok - soups were good but appetizers were mediocre. Not impressed with housekeeping. Smudges from hands/fingers/faces of previous guests on the windows, toilet and tub not well cleaned when our room was cleaned during our stay. I did not feel comfortable or safe in the hotel. Again - it's worth it for $54 a night but make sure you are expecting a $54 per night hotel. If you go in expecting a value of $179 per night, you will be sorely disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz C
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and ensuring our rooms are cleaned to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Our team has responded to your feedback in an effort to fix all issues. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

General Manger

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I travelled to Cincinnatti for a short weekend getaway. The hotel has a great location but it's old and dirty. This hotel needs some serious upgrades. The carpet and bathrooms are very dated. The parking lot was full the entire weekend and we had to park our car in a nasty and stinky garage far away from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Achap77236
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring our common areas and amenities are cleaned to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Our team has responded to your feedback and we are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Mercer County, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there mainly because my son's were excited to stay where the Reds players stay. Our travel agent inforned us this hotel was rated #1 in Ohio for bedbugs. Check in went smooth. Parking was fine. Lobby was clean. Pool was clean. Room was ok, probably not as good as I expected for the price. Would I stay there again? Yes.

• Stayed July 2013

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is potentially the worst example of management at a hotel ever. There’s not really anything horribly wrong with the hotel itself, but anything that has any component of human interaction is horrible. I booked for a Friday and Saturday night and there was some type of event taking place which, according to the front desk, caused most, if not all of the issues.
I bid for a 3 ½ star hotel on Priceline with the hope this would not be the hotel I “won”. I only paid $60 per night but honestly after arriving, I was going to just lose that money and stay anywhere else that had availability. Mind you, this was at midnight, so saying I was going to go back on the road and find another hotel with my 2 young children says a lot. Also something else that says a lot, as I'm writing this I just booked another hotel for tonight and will write off what I paid for tonight at this horrendous place.

I could not connect to the internet to work at any time during my stay. They only had one room type to choose from. (I knew this was a risk when buying through Priceline but really, a 900 room, 3 ½ star hotel with one room type to choose from? There was no mini fridge or microwave. There was no more parking available when we arrived and we had to park 2 blocks away and pay $15 per day. People had parked out front and left their cars, so when you drove into the drop off area, you were stuck; we were stuck for an hour. There was one person who was attending to the 10-15 guests checking in and the line was painfully slow. Granted it was midnight, but if there was an event and management knew the hotel was sold out, why have only one person working? Someone was too drunk and vomited out front - the employees just kinda laughed at it. There were people everywhere inside who had too much to drink and were loud and obnoxious, but no one attempted to get any control over anything. This would be fine for a frat house, but a family hotel? Really? Just a horrible example of staffing and management in general. The staff had no control over anything that was happening and did nothing to try to gain some order…

I can only assume this would be the hotel of last resort for anyone traveling to the area based on the reviews I read prior to staying here, and nothing about my stay changed that belief. If you are looking for anything other than a party or frat house type atmosphere with loud, obnoxious guests that the staff just lets go, don’t stay here. Also, if you like to have parking, internet access, decent customer service or basic amenities, my advice would be to look elsewhere. THIS IS NOT IN ANY WAY A FAMILY HOTEL. Only stay here if nothing else is available and you’re okay with having a horrible stay.

Room Tip: No room is a good room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wesleybean
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. Our staff is trained to serve our guests to the highest standards and we apologize if that is not what you experienced. Please contact us directly at brenda.wellman@millenniumhotels.com with the details of your experience so we can ensure the situation is properly addressed.

Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here for a 2 night family getaway. Our room was small, but it was very clean and comfortable. Our kids enjoyed the rooftop pool. We did not have any problems with check-in or with our stay, and we would stay here again. I just wish that they offered a free breakfast to their guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager222, General Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, July 12, 2013