“Trying to live on its faded reputation by over pricing everything”

Millennium Cincinnati
Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
“Trying to live on its faded reputation by over pricing everything”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Ugg ...stayed here 10 yrs thought I'd try it again, wrong choice.Nothing has changed and is showing its age.
The room I had on the north tower was old small and noisy . This hotel is way over priced for what it is now 2 pots of coffee sent to room was $38.00 and everyone here has their hand out expected to be tipped but giving little service this turned out to be a very expensive weekend and not worth the $ and the beds. Oh my aching back ...never again

• Stayed June 2013
Manager222, General Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring our common areas and amenities are cleaned to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Our team has responded to your feedback and we are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Mexico city
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Having read the reviews, I was prepared for the level of disgusting. The North Tower is no guarantee of better condition, as a colleague found 4 cockroaches (Management quickly changed rooms).

The staff at the front desk were pleasant, and check in was smooth. I was assigned a room in the South Tower, the carpet was heavily soiled and AC was running at full blast to try to disguise the horrible bad odor. Every piece of bedding had stains; bed and pillows were not comfortable, and I had an "itchy" feeling while in room.

The people at the bar are quite rude. They close at 12am, and at 12:30 they informed me that I needed to move from table I was seated (mind you the tables run into the lobby). If I wanted any more drinks, I needed to go across the street.

A positives were the towels where plentiful and in good shape. My internet signal was strong, (middle room). The Duke Convention Center is next door.

Room Tip: Don't Stay here.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. Our staff is trained to serve our guests to the highest standards and we apologize if that is not what you experienced. Our team has responded to your feedback and we are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

General Manger

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was a great hotel for us on our visit for to Cincinnati for an AAU tournament. The convenience of the indoor walkway from the hotel to the convention center was a plus! Our room was very nice and recently furnished in the North tower. The staff at the front desk were very personal and very helpful for all our questions. Parking onsite was a plus. If I visit downtown Cincinnati again I will definitely look to book here again.

I have read the other negative reviews and I have to say I did not use the internet, but 2 days without the internet was not a problem for me. The hotel was great for the amenities I was looking for (location, comfortable beds, clean room and a great price).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen J
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Manalapan, New Jersey
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here for a week as part of the College Board exam grading. We were completely unable to connect to the internet until the very early morning of the last day. We made multiple calls to the front desk and tech support. Promised help never came through. How does a hotel specialize in large conferences without providing needed technology? We had to go sit in front of the reception desk to get any wireless at all. The elevators can not handle the crowds. Although the room was reserved for 2 people, there was only a partial towel set - although room service did rectify that. The room itself was OK, but certainly nothing special. A bit small and outdated. I would not choose to stay here.

Brier, Washington
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Was lodged here for 10 days, from June 9-June 19. The hotel is in need of a makeover, both physically and staff attitude. I was there to evaluate Sp. Language AP Exams. I chose a single room so I had to pay the other half as The College Board houses two to a room. Arrived on the 9th, had requested a room in the north tower, was given a room in the south tower. Went up, checked out the room, found it unsuitable so I went back to reception. Was told I had no choice, went back up to the room, went to use the bathroom and there was about an inch and 1/2 of water on the bathroom floor. Called reception and told them that I was not staying in the room. They found me a room in the north tower. I was given two bars of soap to last for the entire stay. I didn't know soap was at such a premium. Wife and kids sent Father's Day Cards. It took three different attempts to locate the cards as the hotel does not seem to be able to deliver mail to the front desk on a regular basis, nor is the front desk staff interested in doing much work. June 18th was our wedding anniversary, again, it took three attempts to locate the card. There were two helpful front desk staff, Vinny who did find me a room without a wading pool in the bathroom and a young blond woman that did search for my anniversary card until she found it. I wish I would have learned her name. I sent my wife an anniversary card on Wed. June 12 to make sure that it arrived on time. I used the mail drop in the lobby of the hotel. The card arrived on Friday June 21. Hell, even the Pony Express would have done a better job. What is even worse, the French AP people stay at the Hyatt across the street, the German and another group either the Italian AP or Music Theory stay at the Hilton, and yet another group stay at the Westin across from Fountain Sq. and we are dumped in this dump. Millennium, get with the program.

Room Tip: Any other hotel would provide you with a better room.
1 Thank Roberto D

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Booked this hotel via a Priceline bid for $100. I take most TripAdvisor reviews with a grain of salt, but this property lived up (or down, perhaps) to the scathing reviews that it has received.

First Impression: Air freshener. Lots of it. An amount that can or should only be used when trying to conceal something. Check-in desk was staffed by 3 people to handle a line 5-6 deep. While I was in line, one of the three left abruptly and another began fielding phone calls.

Public spaces: Not terrible, but nothing special. Definitely dated.

The room: Old, ugly, and dirty. This is where it really gets bad.

-EVERY SINGLE PIECE of bed linen had at least one stain on it. No exaggeration required.
-Carpet was thin, worn, and visibly stained in many places.
-Clearly visible mold growing around the top of the tub tile. Small hairs all around in the bathroom.
-Water in the shower backed up onto my feet while I bathed.
-My bath towel had a 2-3" rip in it.
-Quality of the provided toiletries was poor.
-Desk chair was disgusting and had a large rip in it.
-Every piece of furniture was worn, frayed, or stained.
-Internet at $7.95/day was very slow.
-Room size was small. Faux French posters on the wall were reminiscent of a college apartment. And while I don't go to hotels to watch TV, the old 27" tube TV set punctuated the lack of updates and care that has gone into these rooms.

The staff: Those that I did interact with were pleasant and engaging. This was the sole bright spot of the stay.

Bottom line: Despicable - The Millennium has given up. The rooms are old and gross and the management is no longer trying to make up for or hide it. DO NOT STAY HERE unless you enjoy disappointment and filthy conditions.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
1 Thank allgoodathens
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. Although our rooms are cleaned to the highest standards, there are instances where a space may need some extra attention. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was a little hesitant to stay there buy my company made the reservation so there was nothing I could do.

When I checked in, the staff was very friendly and mentioned that I had an updated room. I was relieved. When I opened the door of my room I was somewhat confused. The big leather couch was nice as well as the comfortable bed. But the bathroom (especially the tub and shower head were disgusting). Not dirty disgusting but worn out disgusting. Some if the furniture in the room also was dated.

This hotel needs a major face lift from the lobby to the actual rooms including the elevators that seemed to be very beaten up. However the staff are very much friendly and helpful. The rooms are also spacious.

The hotel is located a few blocks from restaurant and some shops. So it is ok to walk around

• Stayed June 2013