“Way Over Priced!!!”

Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Indianapolis
“Way Over Priced!!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here because they are connected to the Duke Convention Center and thought the convenience would be worth how much it cost. Wrong. It isn't a terrible hotel, but it is not worth what they charge. We were in the North tower and our room had 'double' beds. They were very small, we couldn't even sleep in the same bed! The whole room was very small. The internet would very rarely connect, and apparently they normally charge for internet usage! Luckily, our internet was included with the convention rate we got. There are no amenities, I asked about a refrigerator and was told it would be $15 per night. Parking is $25 a day, which was not advertised on the website or anywhere on my confirmation. Food in the hotel restaurant is okay, the chairs are very worn. None of this is really a big deal, except for the price of the hotel. If you are going to pay that much, you expect more. Our last night we had horrible people on the floor, yelling, cursing, slamming doors, until 2a.m. When we called, they sent security up and they arrived quickly and were very thorough. We were very pleased with that. All in all, its an okay hotel. Just over priced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TiffSil
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback that we can get. As a management team, we share all comments with our staff so that we may resolve any and all issues.

Again, thank you for the comments as we are always looking at ways we can improve our service.

Brenda Wellman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staff is wonderful! Lobby is beautiful! However, rooms are mediocre...there was actually gum stuck to the back of the nightstand in my room and it was highly visible. I received a discount staying there because I was attending a conference at Duke Energy Center which was very convenient but it was still almost $150 a night.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the lower floors. The elevators take forever if there is a crowd in the hotel.
1 Thank kristihutch
Dear Valued Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. I am sorry to hear about your experience. We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback that we can get. I do apologize for the issue you had with your guest room. As a management team, we share all comments with our staff so that we may resolve any and all issues.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the north tower which was slightly better than our stay 2 years ago in the south tower. Room was small and bathroom very tight but clean. Construction in the lot next door began at 7:30 am. No extra sleep there! My husband tried the $14 breakfast buffet and found the food to be cold. Surprising since there were so many guests staying there. We need 2 packages shipped there and had to pay $11 to get them. That was a new rule from 2 years ago apparently. Waiting for an elevator during peak time was crazy. At least the convention center was right there. We probably won't stay there next year as I don't see any of these problem being rectified.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank TAO58
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. It is our goal to provide a quality stay to all of our guests. We value you as our guest and we value your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to continually improve our service. We apologize for your inconvenience and hope that you will choose Millennium for you next hotel stay; we would be delighted to have you as our guest. Thank you.

Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our experience here was not as bad as I was led to believe by some of the reviews I read prior to booking. I called the day we were arriving and was able to get a room for less than the advertised rate. We were greeted by friendly hotel staff who even added skymile points to our account. The room was clean but, a little small. There is some updating that is needed like the TV for instance but overall it was a decent stay.

Room Tip: We were in the south tower. Had nice view of city.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank thebladeszoocincy
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. It was nice to hear your comments; we take all feedback seriously as it gives us an opportunity to continually improve our service. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Novi, Michigan
Reviewed April 7, 2013

stayed here because it was connected to the Duke Energy Center where I was attending a conference. The staff was great. Everything else was terrible. Stayed in the North tower. Needs serious remodeling. I guess these are the most recently remodeled rooms but obviously cheap products materials were used and not everything was renovated (bathroom tile, etc). furniture seems really beat up, and there are not enough electrical outlets. The rooms just feel cheap, tired, and unclean.

First room had what appeared to be cockroach excrement in the drawers, did not seem to have been properly cleaned, no coffee cups with the coffee maker, etc. Was very kindly given a new room - like I said, staff was wonderful. New room seemed cleaner, but cheese stick wrapper was on the floor at the edge of the bed, so maybe wasn't even vacuumed? the bathroom set up is terrible, no good counter space, the faucet seemed like it was going to fall off, windows in both rooms either had broken seals or hadn't been washed on the outside in a long time - very foggy.

the last time I was in Cincinnati, I stayed across the street at the Hyatt. It was far superior to the Millennium and the same price. I really wanted to like the Millennium. I think if they overhauled the entire hotel, made it high quality, and kept it super clean, they'd do much better. I would have been willing to pay more to stay there if it were as nice as the Hyatt, just for the convenience. Instead, I'm not planning to stay at the Millennium and in the future will choose the Hyatt.

1 Thank mamato6blessings
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. It is our goal to provide a quality stay to all of our guests. We value you as our guest and we value your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss your stay. We apologize for your inconvenience and hope that you will you will give Millennium another opportunity to have you as our guest. Thank you.

Brenda Wellman

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel because we were going to a conference at Duke center. The price of staying at a Millineum Hotel is higher normally due to the higher quality. This did not fit the bill. Examples: sheets stained and torn, chair in room filthy with arms of chair soiled, no hot water in the mornings, elevators at peak times are not all working, bathroom small and rooms overall need overhauled. Very disappointing. Will not be booking here again when coming back.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. We are very sorry to hear about your experience, we take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback. I do apologize for the issues you had and hope that you addressed them with our front desk, so that we could have the opportunity to make it right. If you would like to speak further about your concerns please feel free to contact me directly. I hope that you will choose Millennium for a future stay.

Decatur, Indiana
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed there for a convention b/c of the location to the convention center. The wait for the elevators was a joke! I really hope they do some serious updating to add more elevators (if possible?). The wait to catch one wasn't as bad for me as the mid-lower level floors. People who wanted to go down ended up just riding the elevator up to the top & then all the way back down b/c they would be completly full if they waited for one on the way down. And they were full!! After the morning rush of getting to the convention it wasn't as bad. And i've read others complain about the noise & yes it was noisy, could hear the neighbors till 11. For the money the room was not up to date, old tv, small plain bathroom & the carpet was so matted & gross looking i didn't want to take my shoes off. Next time i will stay at the Hyatt just across the way & just walk outside across the street.