“Party hotel”

Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Lake Worth
“Party hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Unfortunately I was there to work! During my 5 nights stay, people were yelling and screaming after coming back to the hotel from partying...I was woken up at 2:30 am my first night and again at 3 am the second night by loud drunks. Security was called which only escalated the situation. I have to go back for another business trip but will be staying at another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. It is our goal to provide a quality stay to all of our guests. We value you as our guest and we value your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to continually improve our service. We apologize for your inconvenience and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Brenda Wellman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed in a newer room that was great for a recent work trip. Worked at the Duke Energy Center next door and could not have been happier. The valet staff was exceptional and the front desk staff was helpful. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the downtown restaurants and stadiums as well. This hotel is a nice place to stay when visiting Cincinnati.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. We take all feedback seriously and share it with our staff as it gives us an opportunity to continually improve our service. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Arrived for a weekend stay in my home town and stayed at the Millennium. I am sad to say that this is a facility representing my home town to visitors. I had to call the hotel a few days before my arrival. I was forced to call several times before I was able to speak to anyone. I was transferred and placed on hold for extended periods. It was seven calls over two days before I spoke with the front desk. Upon arrival at the facility I found that there are two entrances for checking in and dropping off, only one was staffed (as a side note the valet people were pleasant, hardworking, and understaffed). The desk clerk that checked me in was rude and impatient when I had questions about parking. When she gave me my keys I got on the elevator in the lobby and headed to what I assumed was my floor. As I was exiting a housekeeper asked me my room number and then told me I was on the wrong elevator and going to the wrong tower. I told him they didn't tell me at the desk and he explained that was a common problem and that desk clerks were always usually rude. It was obvious to me that this is a consistent problem.
The room was in poor condition, the walls were marked up, the carpet was bunched up, the bathroom was in disrepair (drain plug pulled out, unknown stains on the wall, poor patches in the tile). At least the bed was okay. Additionally the halls are poorly lit and the decor is outdated, again I grew up in Cincinnati, and while the 80s were an amazing time, the dynamic City of Cincinnati could be better represented.
It is time for a customer service overhaul and some renovations.
I

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Thomas B
Dear Valued Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. I am sorry to hear about your experience. We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback that we can get. I do apologize for the issue you had with our hotel services. As a management team, we share all comments with our staff so that we may resolve any and all issues.

Again, thank you for the comments as we are always looking at ways we can improve our service.

Bloomington, Indiana, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Millennium Hotel in downtown Cincinnati was the worst hotel we could have picked for our stay. Upon arrival, the valet was very nice and friendly; that was the last wonderful part of our experience. The front desk was attended by one clerk and was awkwardly located. When checking in, the front desk clerk (after we just mentioned the great experience we had at the Underground Railroad Freedom Center) told us about her civil war reenactments and said the Underground Railroad Freedom Center was biased and that slaves were actually not treated badly but treated like well-cared for indentured servants (as if this was something we should all desire). After this initial shock, we made our way up to our room where we found a shattered glass bathroom counter top, moldy bathroom tiles, uncomfortable beds, dirty carpet and the type of AC/Heater found in a Motel 6. Then we called for our bags as we had been instructed to do by the kind valet. After 45 minutes, we called again, and we finally received our bags more than an hour after arrival. Once we had our bags, we went down to the bar and ordered a glass of wine and a beer. After two sips, a COCKROACH scampered across the copper bar, which I had noticed was grimy and sticky. This sealed our opinion on the place, and we returned to our room to get some sleep on the very uncomfortable beds before hastily checking out in the morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank maggie w
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. It is our goal to provide a quality stay to all of our guests. We take all comments seriously and value your feedback. Our General Manager would like to speak with you directly regarding your concerns. Please feel free to contact me directly at 513-352-2100 to discuss your stay. We apologize for your inconvenience and look forward to the opportunity to speak with you.

Best Regards,

Washington D.C.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had to stay here while attending a convention and was very unimpressed with the quality of the hotel. I paid for an upgraded room, to try and make things more bearable, but even so the room was small, cramped and unpleasant. Exploring the rest of the building showed extensive signs of age and wear that appear to not have been kept up with.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank InsoucianceAbroad1
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Cincinnati, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback that we can get. As a management team, we share all comments with our staff so that we may resolve any and all issues.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

My Husband and I came to your hotel for a concert at the taft theatre and the room was absolutley beautiful-the staff was so friendly to us-they even helped us find the taft and gave us a map-check in and check out was so easy and the room was just beautiful and the bed was very comfortable! The veiw from our room was beautiful and we just loved all of it! The breakfast was great too!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kesha P
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. It was nice to hear your comments as we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Newburgh, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is an older hotel. The lobby was nice and inviting. The rooms were small, out dated and needed some new TLC. The rate we got on Priceline ($47) more than made up for the old decor. The worst part about this hotel is the parking. It costs $25 to valet. Across the street it says $10 a day. We were parked in the garage for 36 hours, but the attendant charged for three days, saying it's midnight to midnight. The attendant did not process my parking ticket, he just asked when I arrived (really?) Another group in our party was there for appx. 12 hours and was charged for two days. Just prior to that, another party in our group was charged for two days (only stayed one night). They said they only had $10 cash and the attendant excepted that from what I was told. It was all too shady for my liking. I'm sure the Millennium has no say on this, but it looks bad on them. Besides parking issue, good price value for the stay. However, I would never pay full price to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the city garage across the street.

We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback that we can get. As a management team, we share all comments with our staff in an effort to improve our guest experience.

Again, thank you for the comments. We hope to see you again in the near future.