Millennium Cincinnati
$134
$107
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites(Cincinnati)(Great Value!)
$88
$85
BestWestern.com
$241
$219
Orbitz.com
$75
1,855 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 8, 2012

After reading the other reviews I was a bit nervous about our stay, however we had an overall positive experience. The location was good and had a good amount of things to go do within walking distance. The staff, although not overly friendly, was certainly friendly enough and the hotel was nice! Our only complaint was that it was actually quite noisy (extremely noisy neighbors and could hear the noise on the street somewhat), but we turned up our air conditioner to keep some extra noise so it was ok. Overall a great deal for what we paid!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was traveling into town for the Bengals game, and have stayed at this hotel a few years ago. My oh my how this place has gone downhill in a freaking hurry!! Upon our arrival to the room it had no remote control. Figure okay, not an issue will call downstairs and get a new one. Picked up the phone and immediately put it back down since it was so disgusting, didn't matter that phone didn't work anyways and had to use the other one. Called the front desk and asked a remote be in our room the next morning, the remote never showed up. Heck I even noticed the room didn't even have a pen in it. I guess they didn't want us writing notes down on how bad the place was! The bed was a disaster in it's own. The comforter had some kind of stain on it, looked like old spilled coffee (at least I hope that is what it was). The sheet had a rip in it, who puts sheets on a bed with rips on them? This is how bad the beds are, first they don't even have box springs anymore, the matress is put on a piece of wood that squeeks everytime you roll over. I felt like I was sleeping in a prison bed. The other bottom sheet was not even fitted, so anytime you rolled around on the bed the sheet slid and it didn't take long at all before you could feel the mattress. Moving on to the heater in the room. Need I say everytime that thing turned on it sounded like a jet engine taking off. This thing was so loud I even downloaded a decibel app on my phone which was at like a 60 when quiet in the room but the second that nasty heater kicked on it shot up to a 90. The morning buffett, well we should have known better and skipped that. Whoever makes up the rooms must also clean the dinning room because it as downright dingy. The food choices on the buffett were lame, the place is so cheap that when you use the spoon to get the gravy out it spills right into the biscuts. I decided to go up for a second trip until I saw the cook walk out to re-fill some of the food bar. This guy looked like he just slaughtered a herd of cattle in the back kitchen.

The only favorable part of the trip was the valet service, the older guy working valet was on top of things, perhaps the managers at this hole in the wall hotel could take some lessons on proper etiquette and how to treat customers from him. As soon as I got back from this trip I sent an emal to the hotel manager via their website, that was an email that I got no response to. I waited a week and then emailed the corporate office, they to never responded to me either.

Anyone looking for a good hotel in the Cincy area, avoid this place. You bringing the dogs with you, they probably wouldn't even like this dump!

Room Tip: Here's a tip, drive by this place and keep going! The Milennium Hotel Cincinnati could be the nastiest hotel in America...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Dan2330
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I've stayed at the Millennium in Cincinnati four or five times now, almost exclusively through Priceline. It looks like the rooms have been renovated since my last visit, and the difference is noticeable. Furniture is new, the beds are fairly comfortable, and the bathrooms (aside from the floor) looks newer.

Check-in, as always, was very fast. The hotel could stand to update its lobby--and I can't speak about parking since I didn't park there--but otherwise the Millennium is a good value. I have no complaints. Is it as nice as the Westin? No, but you're not paying a Westin price for it. My five-star review is based on my assumption for a hotel of its star level and price point. Using that criteria, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Monroe86
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I read reviews on here about the hotel and expected the worse from this hotel. I stayed here from November 23 - November 25 2012. I had read that the surface lot next to the hotel was a better buy for my budget, and I definitely utilized it the first night as paying $16 is a lot better than paying $22. The lot was well lit and convenient. When checking in, the front desk staff was very nice and helpful (I broke my phone and they gave me directions and suggested a nearby Wal-Mart in Ft. Wright, KY, about five minutes from the hotel); however my request to get a room on a higher floor wasn't even entertained. I didn't complain and happily took my key to room 755. The room was okay. I liked the decor, but the cleanliness was a little lacking from what I expect from a downtown, cosmopolitan hotel. There was a spiderweb in the corner near the window, all the light fixtures good have used a good dusting, what looked to be a smashed dead bug on the wall and the walls in the room and bathroom could have have just used a good washing. I loved the large flat screen (not many choices in channels, but they had HGTV, so I was happy!) and the awesome bathroom sink. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were not very comfortable. I had read a review on here and remember to take my own, which I'm very happy I did. I loved the lotion that was provided, I didn't use the other products in the bathroom. I didn't like that you couldn't even make a toll-free call unless you had a credit card on file and the call was to be $1.55.

My first night was peaceful and I slept well. The next morning I didn't even entertain getting any over-priced food in the hotel knowing how many restaurants were within walking distance or a short drive. I returned to the hotel that evening to find the surface lot full and a ton of traffic on the street in front. I bit the bullet and utilized the valet parking, ouch! The valet guys were nice and very courteous and even encouraged me to head down to Fountain Square (about two blocks up) to partake in the festivities going on; the lighting of the tree and the opening of the ice rink, which I did.

The second night I was awakened at around 2:30 am by the people in the room next to me loudly going in and out their room and talking and laughing and just having a grand old time; I guess they had returned from the bars and wanted to keep the party going. Now, I have no problem with people having fun, but these people just would not be quiet! Finally after listing to them for about an hour and a half, I called down to the front desk and requested that someone do something about the noise. I guess someone from the security team came up and told them to quiet down. I heard the security guys and the obviously drunk males and females talking loudly about having gone to Garfield Heights and they were just having fun, yada, yada, yada. I guess the security guys must have told them it was my room who had complained about their noise because one of the drunk females stated loudly: "I should kick that door! Can I kick that door!?!?!" They were quiet for about an hour until the noise started up again with a vengeance. I finally called down and requested that I be put into a new room at around 5:30 am. I was placed into room 653, which definitely wasn't as nice as my other room and had some serious signs of wear and tear on the furniture along with the old tube TV. I didn't care, I just wanted to get back to sleep.

I know that the hotel is not responsible for the behavior of guests who stay there, but I feel that maybe the situation could have been handled differently and I should not have been forced to pack up all my stuff and go to another room. However, it was nice of them to accommodate me. My experience was mostly positive and I would recommend the hotel to anyone who was visiting the city and wanted to be in the heart of downtown, just make sure you get an awesome deal (by awesome, I mean less than $50 per night) from Priceline or Hotwire. I think had I actually paid $100 a night to stay here, I would have been a little less understanding of the whole situation.

Room Tip: A few tips: make sure you have your own phone and bring your own Wi-Fi if you don't want to have to pay to use it in your room; it's free in the lobby. Also, if you are a light sleeper, make sure they don't put you at the end of the hallway as there are four rooms bunched into that corner and if anyone is loud and drunk you will definitely hear everything they are saying.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kimberly B
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Needed to stay downtown & got what I thought was a 'good' rate for a downtown hotel. However... Room not clean (hair everywhere) mold on walls spiderwebs in corners phones in rooms didnt work properly etc. just not worth $100 in that sense.

Service was good. Pleasant helpful staff.

• Stayed: November 2012