“Great location and stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Cincinnati

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Millennium Cincinnati
Ranked #36 of 47 Hotels in Cincinnati
Ohio
“Great location and stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

First time staying in Downtown Cincinnati. Definitely a 3 - 3 1/2 star hotel. Stayed two nights and hotel seemed in great location for the arenas and stadiums. Very quick check in. Everything was great. Plenty of self parking near by instead of using valet parking. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We landed a deal on this hotel through Priceline for $50. And then, as I do, I read the reviews. If you've looked, they're pretty hideous.

When we got to the hotel, I thought to myself, "There's no way. It looks too nice to be that bad."

And, truly, it's not THAT BAD. It's far from great, though.

Only two people were working at the registration desk. We waited a good ten minutes or more to be checked in. Let me clarify here and now how busy the hotel was this weekend. Saturday was Cincinnati Pride and Sunday brought lots of people to town for the Kenny Chesney concert. The place was absolutely booked up.

And yet there were only two people working the desk...

This is the hotel's main problem: Staff. Not the quality of it. The lack of it.

We had a room in the South tower on the 13th floor. The hallways look out of date. Hardly a cardinal sin.

The room, upon entry, was clean. The bathroom is woefully out of date, but the room itself was hardly unattractive. If someone is so shallow as to worry about standard tube TVs instead of flat-panels, well, that's their problem. The TV worked fine.

The telephones, however, didn't. Well, the one on the desk did, but its partner on the nightstand was apparently for decoration only. We found that out when trying to get a pizza delivered since a.) the hotel's restaurant stops serving at 11 and b.) there's quite literally nothing much around the hotel as far as dining options late night.

The beds are nightmarishly soft. You bounce, jostle, and sink in at awkward angles. Every time your spouse moves, you move - and vice-versa. They're cheap mattresses and that's inexcusable for a supposedly three and a half star hotel. End of story.

The pool facility was quite nice. It was packed and difficult to enjoy since no empty chairs or chaises were to be found. That can be blamed on the sheer number of guests and not really anything else.

When we went to turn-down the one bed, the flat sheet serving as a fitted was quite literally 8 inches off the bottom. As in you saw the mattress pad. The sheet had been tucked - in excess - at the top. How hard is it to make a bed, folks? Well, about as hard as cleaning the dusty cobweb in the one corner of the room by the windows and cleaning under the beds - where I found a plastic water bottle under one and a pair of someone else's socks under the other. Disgusting.

All in all, it's hardly the worst place I've ever encountered. However, as a name hotel in a big city, it falls short of the mark established by its star-rating in almost every possible way.

The journeys up and down the elevators were excruciatingly slow due to volume and hardly improved by their lack of cooling. When it's in the upper-90 degree range outside and you end up sweating on the trip from the lobby to the 13th floor, something is wrong.

Well, lots happens to be wrong with this place. You'll get a decent night's sleep, but don't expect much else.

Like internet. What modern hotel doesn't at least offer free wired internet? This one, for a start. It's hard to find a place to eat when a.) the concierge desk is unmanned, b.) you can't access the internet, and c.) there's nothing around to begin with.

If you can, look elsewhere. This one needs a real revamp and it shows. Top to bottom, this place could be very nice if only it was cared for.

Room Tip: Look at a different hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I made reservations here. Parking was full and valet was busy so we found a parking garage 1 block away. It wasn't an issue though given the cost was cheap. Walking in to the hotel we were both very impressed with the decor and the employees. Our room was perfect for us. We had tickets to the reds game that day so we decided to walk to the stadium. It was a nice way to enjoy the city. That night we ventured to newport. A taxi ride only cost us $7 which was incredible. The room was quiet all night and the checkout time was convenient for ou rschedule the next day. Overall we really impressed with our stay. Quiet comfy and reasonably priced for our one night. We will definitely stay again and recommend it to everyone we know

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

The hotel looked very nice upon check in, when entering the lobby. There were only 3 elevators for the whole enormous building. Made for a lengthy or crowded travel to your room. Hotel staff had decent friendly attitudes. When we got to our room it was a little lackluster. The sink drain plug in the bathroom was broken, as well as the one in the shower, both were laying to the side. When I got a shower in the morning, I noticed the drain was clogged with hair. The shower filled up the bath tub while I showered due to the hair and scum clogged drain. The worst part however was having to check for bed bugs because of itching, and then waking up with 2 bites on my arms, one on my face, and a few on the back of my neck. Nothing is worse than driving home and feeling like you have bugs on you. Knowing that you may carry them back to your house. I have no idea how this hotel ever got 3&1/2 stars. Stained carpet, bed bugs, clogged scummy showers, broken drain plugs, stained sheets. Not worth the money. Very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is hands-down one of the worst 3-star hotels I have stayed at (don't be fooled by the star rating the hotel gives itself). There are over 800 rooms at this property and unfortunately they are unable to manage it from the filth throughout (run-down), to the employees (they should maybe learn to say please and thank you.....something at the core of the hospitality industry), and above all, they need to work on managing an environment that allows guests to sleep. Starting at 12am I was awoken by a major party next door. They obviously had just come from the Reds game. Banging on walls, yelling, and in general drunk. After calling the front desk and them saying they will let security know, nothing changed so I went next door. It was at least a dozen college kids drunk and when I asked the guy to keep it down he said to change rooms. Being told by the front desk they were full and couldn't change my room I then proceeded to try and go to sleep again...didn't happen. The room across the hall then started a party (I assume they had come back from the Phish concert in town or were part of the AMVET convention at the hotel). I again called security. I again called Tasha at the front desk and again she stated the same thing, she would let security know. At 4:30am I finally went to the parking garage at the Hyatt where my car was (at 2pm when I checked in at Millenium their garage was full) and went to sleep in it. At check-out the person who said she was the supervisor stated that all charges would be dropped and that I had a zero balance (after looking at the bill they also double charged me for wifi use which she said she noticed but it didn't matter at this point). A week later I find that the room was reimbursed through Expedia/Hotels.com but that other charges were placed on my credit card directly through the hotel. I called the accounting department and of course there was no way to talk to someone.....had to leave a message. Then I called the GM and of course put through to his secretary who also had her phone on to screen messages. Now I am going to have to go through Visa to dispute the charges which is a pain.

As for the rooms, the bathroom was tiny and the bathtub was filthy. The beds were very comfortable. The view was pretty good as I was on the 16th floor. As for the elevators.....wow is all I can say. There were times when it took more than 10 minutes to get one of the three elevators in the tower I was located (there is a north and a south tower). I smoke so everytime I needed to smoke (it is a non-smoking hotel), I had to plan on a minimum of 30 minutes to do so....get an elevator, get to the first floor, smoke then get another elevator up.

The reason I chose this property was that I was going through the city and they advertised they had the only rooftop pool so I thought since it was so hot it would be great to relax up there. WELL......turns out the AMVETS were having their drunken beerfest AT the pool. There were a couple hundred people with absolutely no place to sit. While the policy of the hotel is not to allow outside alcohol or food at the pool, since they rented the party rooms surrounding the pool I guess that covered the large garbage cans filled with beer throughout the pool area. The pool area was supposed to be closed at either 9 or 10....don't remember. At 11pm there were still a good hundred people drinking beers and while that is fine, this group really stopped other guests, not part of their group, from enjoying the pool area.

The price I paid was absolutely ridiculous considering the experience. Even it the Reds game was not happening, the Phish concert was not going on, or the AMVET group wasn't there, this is not a property I would consider under any circumstance. There is a Hyatt across the street and on the next block a Westin. Do yourself a favor and book yourself into those.

One other note. The 2012 World Choir Championships are in Cinci throughout July thus I presume the hotels are going to be filled with these groups of which many will be kids...something to consider.

Room Tip: Tip: Just don't think your experience will be the exception....don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank wanderingtheworld200
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was in town with some friends to catch some baseball games at Great American Ball Park. We stayed at a few places in Cincy and this was one of them. The rooms were small but had all the basic amenities you would want and were most importantly CLEAN. The beds were, again, small but comfortable. The room was nicely decorated. We stayed on the 19th floor and had a great view of the city. We checked in on a Tuesday afternoon and had no problems, made it up to our room about five minutes after walking in the building for the first time. The hotel seemed to be in a decent location, a quick walk to the ballpark or Fountain Square where there are some stores and restaurants. I parked in the lot behind the hotel for $16/day, but I know there are much cheaper lots right nearby and within walking distance. (I was lazy, didn't want to look too hard.) I sat poolside in the morning with a USA Today (which was free) and enjoyed myself, the pool is on the roof of a building on the 4th floor and was nicely maintained. A nice seating area and it looked like they had a little grill/cafe going.

A few complaints: the rooms need new TVs, ours was a 27" old tube TV and the remote didn't work very well. It's time to get some new flatscreens guys! Also, having to pay for internet was a little ridiculous. (I believe $8/day was the charge. It's not much, but it's the cost of a beer I could have had at the game.)

Would I stay here again? Definitely!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I've stayed in no-name neighborhoods at motel 6-esque places that have had better service and rooms than this.
The location of this hotel is prime, but that is basically it. Upon arrival, we had to literally hunt someone down to check us in, and then, despite the fact that the valet man was sitting outside (on his cell phone), we were informed that the valet parking was full, and were offered little to no help with an alternative means of parking (Fun fact: if I'm staying at a hotel in a city, I'm probably not overly familiar with the city, and intrinsic knowledge of local parking options is probably something I don't have). Once we finally got back to the hotel and up to the room, I discovered that the key card only unlocked my door sometimes, and once it did get unlocked, the door stuck in the frame, so some serious upper-body was required to open it. Once I actually got into the room, there wasn't much reward for my effort. The rooms are cramped and the beds are like planks that they put a mattress pad on. I had to have the sheets changed upon arrival, since there was some unidentifiable stains on them. The next morning I called down for room service, and it took me three tries to actually get anyone on the phone. Once someone finally answered, they sounded inconvenienced by my call, and cut me off frequently, and tried to hang up before I could even tell her my room number. I will say this though: the food arrived uncannily fast, and was warm and good tasting. The coffee was surprisingly good tasting also.
But back to the room:
The a/c unit sounds like an airplane taking off whenever it runs, which actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise, since the walls are so paper-thin, I could hear conversations above and below and on either side of me. The television looks like someone left it from the mid-90's, and works just as well as one, too. Additionally, I was in Cincinnati on business, therefore internet access was somewhat necessary to my communications with clients and colleagues, for which I had to pay $7.95, which normally I would not be upset about, however the internet connection went down frequently. Almost so frequently, that finding a local starbucks would have been the cheaper and more efficient choice. All in all, my experience was as disappointing as this hotel, and I highly recommend you consider the Hilton directly up the street. Or a Best Western, for that matter, in light of the fact that the Millennium could not outmatch even Best Western's incredibly mediocre standards.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business