“Amazing Experience”

Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Incredible hotel. It's often difficult to keep up with older properties but this is a truly unique find. My room was large and I loved the vanity outside the bathroom. The staff is so friendly and helpful. I had boxes delivered which were brought up to my room, I was met at my cab and assisted with my luggage, the front desk staff and concierge answered all my questions accurately - gave great directions. But.....the very best surprise was the amazing restaurant - Orchids at Palm Court. I travel a lot for work and enjoy trying local restaurants. This was the best meal I have had in many years - the service was exceptional. If you don't require the cookie cutter sameness of chain hotels to feel comfortable this is a definite must. I will stay here again!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and important. I would highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are clean and large. Very pleasantly furnished. The location is perfect. They are located downtown and right across the street from Macy's. Overall, an excellent hotel.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with loads of character and charm. The room was large clean and a good view of the city. I would recommend to anyone coming to Cinci, I have stayed in many of ther DT hotels and this is one of the better ones.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Netherland Plaza several times before and love the hotel. However, this time I was a little bit disappointed. The room was quite large and well appointed but the bathroom was cold and the shower area dark. Would I stay here again? Yes.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The quality of this hotel is excellent. It is a beautiful art deco style. It is warm and inviting. They have a hall of mirrors. The rooms although rectangular were very comfortable. It is adjacent to stores and other businesses so walking indoors was a pleasure in the snow and it is extreemly convieniently located. The bar was very welcoming with good food, good drinks, staff who could not do enough for you and an atmosphere that would suite a romantic table for two or a large party of friends.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed here along with several couples overnight on the 18th. Definitely an aging location but doing so gracefully. ATT hotspot so no issues with wifi. Spent several hours at the Lobby bar and it was great. Drinks were solid, service was efficient and prices not too crazy! Left for dinner and a night at Horseshoe and returned to a nice warm, welcome bed. Woke up after a short nap to find no hot water in shower or sink after both worked fine the night before! After 10 mins of an open tap, I succumbed to the cold water treatment.....that alone prevents this from being an otherwise very good experience.

Stayed: January 2014
Christopher S, Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

January 24, 2014

Stevie B

Dear Stevie B:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati! We are pleased to see that you enjoyed the atmosphere and services at our Bar at the Palm Court. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate managers to share with their team members.

Thank you too for sharing your difficulties with lack of hot water supplied to your guestroom the morning of your departure. I would be happy to speak with you personally in this matter. You may reach me at Matthew.Coffey@hilton.com.

Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back whenever your travel plans return you.

Matthew Coffey
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza hotel. While overall our experience was positive, it was not as good as our first two stays at this property. Here are the pros and cons based on our experience:

Pros:

~clean room - no b. bugs
~comfortable bed
~excellent food through room service - ability to make room service orders on the TV
~convenient valet parking
~great customer service
~nice historic hotel

Cons:

~only one roll of toilet paper was provided to us for our two-night stay (Luckily, we had packed an extra roll with us. This could have easily been remedied by calling housekeeping. However, when paying the higher rates at a luxury hotel, such an inconvenience should not be necessary.)
~A/C did not work that well (During our past two stays, the A/C worked great. This issue may have been limited to just the room we stayed in this time.)
~the shower head in our bathroom needs to be replaced (It is clogged up and does not spray well.)
~room service selection is somewhat limited (We were in the mood to order pizza for dinner. Unfortunately, pizza is only available during certain hours on the late night menu. Other hotels such as the Hilton Polaris offer pizza on the all day menu.)
~the headboard was loose and banged against the wall

We will return to this hotel. Hopefully, our next stay will be as good as our first two stays at this property.

Room Tip: Valet parking is well worth the money at this property.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple