“Hilton Netherland in Cincinnati”

Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Hot Springs Village, United States
“Hilton Netherland in Cincinnati”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The facilities at this hotel were great. The room was very nice and the décor of the lobby, room, etc were impressive. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel and the access to the shopping area without having to go out in the rain and this was very much needed.

Thank Marion C. D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Korean first
Columbus, OH, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel, as a historic landmark of particular Architectural significance, is remarkable. The public areas, particularly the restaurant and bar, are magnificent. The actual guest room was acceptable, but it would benefit from some serious updates. It was small, but we expected that, given the age of the hotel. The furniture, carpet, etc. was functional, but looked "tired", and did not "go" with the Art Deco design of the building. I'd suggest staying here to experience this landmark building, and dine in the restaurant, (food and service were top-notch), but just don't expect the room to be anything special.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
July 17, 2013

Ken S

Dear Ken S:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati!

Thank you too for your kind comments regarding the hotel’s ambiance and our restaurant, Orchids at Palm Court. We are delighted to know that you especially enjoyed these aspects of your stay.

Thank you too for sharing your concerns regarding the guestroom condition. We are a couple of weeks away from beginning in the installation process of new draperies and seating surfaces in all of our guestrooms. We look forward to the improvements that this will bring. Nevertheless, I apologize that this was a concern.

Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back whenever your travel plans return you.

Michel A. Sheer
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Well located and comfortable. Rooms are clean and comfortable, however in the small size compare to other Hiltons The executive lounge offerings are poor, but the place is welcoming and the terrace is a nice option

Stockholm, Maine
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed twice this year - my second trip a few weeks ago. Both times I've been happy with my stay. They get the basics right - clean, comfortable rooms (and quite spacious), pleasant and smiling service, nice, welcoming public areas. Plus it's well located if you want to go out to eat.
It can be somewhat expensive on weekdays which will sometimes mean that I will look elsewhere but if you can get it at below $200, I think it's worth it when compared to the alternatives.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a delayed check-in time and the staff was not accommodate at all. We had a dinner reservation that had to be cancelled due to the lack of convinence for this hotel. I would not recommend anyone that comes to visit Cincinnati to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank BrookeDavis1986
NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
July 15, 2013

BrookeDavis1986

Dear BrookeDavis1986

Thank you too for sharing your difficulties with a delay in your check-in experience. I apologize too that this impacted your dinner reservations. I am not able to find a recent reservation under the name that you have listed here. If you would like to contact me at Michel.Sheer@Hilton.com, I’ll be happy to respond to you.

Thank you again and I look forward to corresponding or speaking with you.

Michel A. Sheer
Delphos, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Staff went out of their way to care for us and our stay. very friendly, willing to help in any way. went beyond the norm to ask how they could help or direct you. We arrived early and they accomodated us immediately. If I have to travel to Cincinnati I definately would consider this hotel.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I made an unplanned return to Cincinnatti and refused to stay at the hotel; rather I stayed at the Westin around the corner. The Hilton Netherlands Plaza hotel did not meet expectations. There was too much wasted space in the hotel room, awkward room layout, and a very uncomfortably small bathroom where the door, when opened, hit the toilet paper roll. Whereas my room had plenty of space, the room door opened awkwardly and left very little room to get in if you had any type of bag or luggage with you. The Belevedere Club was extremely disappointing and fell very short of expectations of a club lounge. I honestly felt that I was in the lounge of a 2 or 3 star hotel with it's decor, layout, and amenities. I wasted my money ensuring that I had access to that lounge. The ambience and comfort in the hotel bar far exceeded that of the Belevedere Club and they both had similar prices for drinks. All in all, a very disappointing experience at the Hilton and, as evidenced by my unplanned return to Cincinnatti that same trip and my refusal to return to the hotel, I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the opportunity that this provides me to further respond to you.

Yesterday, I responded to your Electronic Guest Comment Card which similarly covered your concerns.

As we discussed, the hotel will be installing new seating and window treatments in the guest rooms beginning later this month. Later this fall, we will be replacing the interior of Belvedere Club as well. And as I noted, we are reviewing how we might make future improvements to our guestroom bathrooms.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. I am happy that my response yesterday resolved the matter to your satisfaction.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back whenever your travels return you to Cincinnati!

Michel Sheer