WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Columbia City, Indiana
“Very nice staff and beautiful hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were a little small but given that its a historical hotel it's to be expected. The staff was amazingly nice and very helpful. Very beautiful lobby. Location is within walking distance to stores and restaurants .

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Austin, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was recently in Cincinnati for work and had the good fortune to be booked at the Hilton Netherland Plaza. This hotel is a beautifully preserved masterpiece of the Art Deco era, but has been tastefully updated. It is located in the heart of downtown within walking distance of many fine restaurants, but also with easy access to the local freeways. The staff was very helpful (as are most folks in Cincinnati) and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. If you do stay here, ask about the legend of the "Lady in Green."

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

OHIO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Checkin was very good, room spacious. However our room had a metal 4-poster with a metal horizontal bean subbing for a headboard. As a result it was completely uncomfortable for reading or watching TV in bed. The hotel attempts to fix this by providing a lot of pillows (6 pillows with pillowcases, not a very green solution) but they don't stay in place. They do not provide a TV channel to get local sports (we wanted to watch the Reds on Fox Sports Ohio) in room or bar. With tax and parking, the room was $200/nt, poor value.

Room Tip: Maybe a different type of bed is available
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
May 14, 2013

HappyTraveler

Dear HappyTraveler:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati!

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the four poster bed guestroom that you stayed in. We have not had a comment regarding the configuration of this bed previous to receiving yours. We apologize that this was a concern for you. There are only two guestrooms in the hotel that are equipped this way and we will take this opportunity to review them both. Thank you.

With respect to our televisions, we offer Fox Sports Ohio as one of the choices on our televisions. Our signal is high definition delivered through our flat screen television sets. With regards to the guide, on the television remote control, there is a button marked “guide” that provides the channel selection information that you were seeking. I apologize that you had difficulties with this.

Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back whenever your travel plans return you.

Michel A. Sheer
Managing Director
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Arrived at the Hilton and pulled over at the front door, no valet in sight. Checked in and asked and she told me it's on the other side of the hotel. So I had to drive around the block and find the other side. I got there and unloaded my luggage and still couldn't find the valet guys. Finally found someone to ask and he told me I had to go about a half a block down and drive under the hotel. I said, great, I've unloaded all this luggage here on the sidewalk! So I drove down there and had to walk back up where I left my daughter with the luggage. Beds were hard. Hotel was very clean. Our room was noisy, from street traffic noise, to noisy neighbors. Not much rest for me! Valet was $25 and by the time I gave them a tip when parking and picking up, I felt like I should be in NYC! We booked on Priceline, so didn't know which hotel we were getting.

Room Tip: Don't expect Valet to be at either of the 2 doors to enter the hotel!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
May 14, 2013

AroundNAround

Dear AroundNAround:

As a Priceline customer, your comments are very important to us.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties that you have described with regards to your arrival at the hotel and our valet parking services. The hotel’s main entrance is on the Race Street side of the hotel. By your description, it sounds like you arrived on the Fifth Street side of the hotel. I deeply regret that our front office agent who checked you in did not make arrangements to handle your car from the Fifth Street side of the building. While this does not frequently happen, on the occasion where it does, we should have done so. If you would like to contact me directly at Michel.Sheer@Hilton.com I will be happy to further respond to this concern.

Thank you too for sharing your concern about noise from outside the hotel and within the hotel. We regret that this too was a cause for concern. On a more positive note, we are delighted to know that you found the hotel to be “very clean.” We’ll certainly pass this along to our Housekeeping team. Thank you.

Michel A. Sheer
Managing Director
Summerville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was in town for the Flying Pig Marathon, and stayed here for close proximity to race expo and start/finish lines. The lobby, dining room and Hall of Mirrors is gorgeous! You have to see it to appreciate it! The location was perfect, within walking distance to plenty of things to do!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Chandler, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I just came back from a business conference that was hosted at the Hilton Netherlands Hotel in Cincinnati, OH. The hotel is just beautiful and ornately decorated. In addition, we had our meals provided by the hotel and the chef is magnificent. I hope we have the conference there again next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I try to stay at the Hilton Netherland whenever possible when visiting Cincinnati. I love the charm of the hotel and the staff is always courteous and helpful. Also, as a solo traveler, I feel very safe staying here. This time I even extended my stay at the last minute to enjoy the Cinco de Mayo festvities and enjoy reading and relaxing in my room before heading back to reality. Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid a view of the roof and choose a room facing the river if you are con...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo